How much milk does your near 4 months old baby drinks?

My girl going 4 mths old on 10th this mth. Drinks 160ml per 3 hrs. At night sometimes drink even more! When she 3 mth old go injection, she is 5.7kg. Quite heavy lor! And doctor say she so firm and tall! But not chubby. Just face round round tummy round round. But hor,she go gaigai can few hrs dun milk de. Until come home can drink what she forget to drink when gaigai. Can drink like 260ml - 320ml at one go de!! Super scary. Since young until now like this. Notti baby sia. At night ESP when go out come home she can wake up every 1-2 hrs drink 120ml till morning!! If nv go out last feed can last 6hrs. How I wish she cAn slepp thru the night. She did hat only twice :(

star_star

Your boy drinks 250ml now at 4 months old???? What is his weight now?
my boy last measured at abt 3mnths 1 or 2 weeks during his jab,66cm n 7.5kg... SUPER big... but we dn have BIG gene leh,no overweight,nt tall also... oni same as me,appetite veri gd... he was born 52cm,3.54kg n had to induce cuz if wait till edd,he mite b too big for natural birth... at least he is tall n healthy,not overweight... nw he 250ml not enuf liao,each feed muz add brown rice powder with 8 scoop of milk so tat it will make him full :)

aahdorr

3month can eat brown rice powder ?? my gal born was 3.4kg n 48cm now she 5.1kg 56cm every 3hr 90ml only.. nite time b4 sleep 100ml den

12-6am den drink 90ml

she heavy too but nt chubby

Last edited:

star_star

yup,my bro n i also take 'si sen' brown rice powder wen we were babies... the powder is as fine as milk powder so mix it with the fm,it actuali thickens the milk... now he is takin 250ml bottle to the brim,every 5hrs... he still has the tongue thrusting reflux so he is still not readi for semi solid but i believe soon liao. we started with 1scoop of brown rice powder for his nite feed so he can last longer cuz b4 tat 250ml was not enuf n he was cranky n cry wen milk finish. now he is taking 1scoop of brown rice powder with every feed cuz his poopoo is ok n he nv vomit so it means his tummy is accepting it. i prefer to feed on demand n monitor progress... cuz every bb is diff... if mine needs more den i will let him have more... :)

AngieTan

Do I mix the brown rice powder direct to the fm when preparing the fm or must cook and dissolve the brown rice powder before adding to the fm? Also, since it is going to make the fm thicker, must cut bigger hole on the teat is it?

star_star

wat i do is i buy the 'si sen' brown rice powder frm medical hall. i start with 1 scoop of it,pour it in milk bottle,add hot water n stir it to disolve it 1st cuz it is abit harder to disolve compared to fm. i take at least 1min to stir it so tat it disolve properly. den i add plain water to the amt i want which it abit lesser den 250ml n i stir. den i add in my 8 scoop of fm which by now is to the brim liao. den i stir again. now i close up the bottle n i shake the bottle so tat everyting mix up well. notice i do alot of mixing cuz bb stomach is veri fragile so u muz mix properly wen introducing smth new n start with 1 scoop 1st n 1 feed a day. monitor c if he will vomit or his poopoo not rite. my boy's poopoo turn abit brownish n thicker,b4 tat was waterish n more yellow. n of cuz the teat of the bottle muz change to one with bigger hole.
also muz monitor his drinking,sometimes the hole big n milk thicker,bb mite choke or the flow too fast for bb. try to find the rite teat n flow. if bb ok with everyting den add one scoop to each feed. tat is wat i did for my boy. every bb is diff so wat i say n do is juz a guideline for u. hope it helps:)

AngieTan

wat i do is i buy the 'si sen' brown rice powder frm medical hall. i start with 1 scoop of it,pour it in milk bottle,add hot water n stir it to disolve it 1st cuz it is abit harder to disolve compared to fm. i take at least 1min to stir it so tat it disolve properly. den i add plain water to the amt i want which it abit lesser den 250ml n i stir. den i add in my 8 scoop of fm which by now is to the brim liao. den i stir again. now i close up the bottle n i shake the bottle so tat everyting mix up well. notice i do alot of mixing cuz bb stomach is veri fragile so u muz mix properly wen introducing smth new n start with 1 scoop 1st n 1 feed a day. monitor c if he will vomit or his poopoo not rite. my boy's poopoo turn abit brownish n thicker,b4 tat was waterish n more yellow. n of cuz the teat of the bottle muz change to one with bigger hole.
also muz monitor his drinking,sometimes the hole big n milk thicker,bb mite choke or the flow too fast for bb. try to find the rite teat n flow. if bb ok with everyting den add one scoop to each feed. tat is wat i did for my boy. every bb is diff so wat i say n do is juz a guideline for u. hope it helps:)
Thanks! =D I thought the brown rice powder must COOK according to what is written on the packaging... So use hot water also can dissolve?

star_star

my boy ok with not boiling... u can try without boiling 1st n c if ur bb ok with it... but add brown rice powder doesnt mean u can compromise on milk,still same amt of fm as instructed... hope ur boy increase his appetite n grow bigger :) do let me knw the gd news k... jia you!

AngieTan

my boy ok with not boiling... u can try without boiling 1st n c if ur bb ok with it... but add brown rice powder doesnt mean u can compromise on milk,still same amt of fm as instructed... hope ur boy increase his appetite n grow bigger :) do let me knw the gd news k... jia you!
Actually is there a difference in cooking it or just making it like it's instant powder? As long as can dissolve means can already? I also don't know leh... Haha...

Ya, up till now still drinking 150ml (5 scoops) only... Never increase... 5 months+ already... Sigh... But he very inconsistent... Sometimes I try and make 180ml (6 scoops) and he can finish but most of the time, he will leave 30ml untouched... =/

star_star

Dn wori angie,as long as he is healthy hapi,it shld b ok. Some babies veri chubby but grow up liao veri skinny. Some baby small but grow up liao big size. Healthy can liao :)

AngieTan

Dn wori angie,as long as he is healthy hapi,it shld b ok. Some babies veri chubby but grow up liao veri skinny. Some baby small but grow up liao big size. Healthy can liao :)
Ya... Maybe I everyday see him, can't see the growth difference! Haha... But can't help but relate amount of milk he drinks with his growth rate... So drink little to me = won't grow much... Or I think it's because my MIL keep saying so it's kinda drilled into my head already that my boy is not big lor and I start to worry also... =/

star_star

my brown rice i juz mix with hot water,,nv boil. i make the brown rice powder with hot water,let it mix n settle for abt half an hr den i add water n mix in the fm. i buy new teat with bigger hole,nv cut.

AngieTan

my brown rice i juz mix with hot water,,nv boil. i make the brown rice powder with hot water,let it mix n settle for abt half an hr den i add water n mix in the fm. i buy new teat with bigger hole,nv cut.
I tried this but the powder residue got stuck at the hole there and cannot come out even though I bought those teat for thicker liquids... Is it because I never let it settle? Cos I make instant and mix with fm straight...

bb2010

WOW your case seems more 'serious', your girl even lose weight.. if i were you, i think i will do the same thing too.
Hi mummy

would like to check with you .. like all of us say 150ml...this 150ml is after mix with milk powder or only water? bcos 150ml water + 5 scoop of milk powder = 170ml+ so this is call 150ml or 170ml?

AngieTan

Hi mummy

would like to check with you .. like all of us say 150ml...this 150ml is after mix with milk powder or only water? bcos 150ml water + 5 scoop of milk powder = 170ml+ so this is call 150ml or 170ml?
I am wondering too! Haha... But when I said 150ml, to me its before mixing powder, i.e. 5 scoops of powder for 150ml water... Can anyone enlighten us? =D

bb2010

i try to feed my 3.5months baby girl with the brown rice also.. but half scoop only + 2 scoop of fm..:wong29:
wah u so fast to let your 3.5months baby eat brown rice? how do you know she is ready for brown rice? as my son is 3months 3rd weeks..i am still feed him FM...

bb2010

I am wondering too! Haha... But when I said 150ml, to me its before mixing powder, i.e. 5 scoops of powder for 150ml water... Can anyone enlighten us? =D

Hi Angie mummy.
May i know how many months your son now? any how many milk he drink per day?

AngieTan

Hi Angie mummy.
May i know how many months your son now? any how many milk he drink per day?
He is 6 months old now... Drinking 5 scoops of milk powder made with 150ml water (but most of the time finish 120ml only =.=) about 5 to 6 times a day... 3 hourly usually... Is it okay har?