How much milk is yr 9mths old drinking

moomoo85

Hi Mummies...

How much milk is yr 9mths old drinking? I am giving 200ml per feed, and he seems hungry still... at night he still wakes up twice for milk...
2am and 5am...sob!

apollo

ds is 8mths old and i'm giving him 210ml each time and recently he also seem hungry aft the feed, and 2-2.5hrs later will cry badly for milk. i'm thinking if i shd increase his milk intake too...

apollo

Hubby ask me to increase dear son milk intake too.... should i?
if ur baby is not satisfied with the currently amount, u can try to increase. i usually increase by 30ml, i will try to increase once per day.. to 'test' if he can finish and see if he will feel bloat or even vomit aft the feed. if everything is okay, means it's time to increase the amount =)

cmeilim

my boy is drinking 120ml of breastmilk every 3h (average), plus abt 50ml mixed in his cereal for breakfast and 1 meal of porridge. After he sleeps, he will wake up for one feed in the middle of the nite usually. he's just turned 8 months old. i weighed him this morning, and realised that while he has grown taller, he has only gained abt 200g since six month old. but people say babies will start losing their baby fat once they get more active. although my boy has not started crawling yet, he is very active in his exersaucer, flipping around, lunging forward and back and sideways too when seated.

not sure if i should feed him more milk. he seems quite happy the way he is though. even when i feed him via direct latch, he will drink enough, then push my breast away and want to sit up to play or look at things.

kenxf_03

Dear son is also 9mth old and he is drinking 210ml actually. But he dont seem to hv enough. So I have slowly increase to 240ml and he didnt vomit nor hv bloated tummy. Hence, I'm giving him 240ml of milk right now..

currently, he is having one/two milk feeding in the morning, one time cereal, and one time porridge in the evening. Then one milk feed b4 he goes to bed.

But sometimes, he still wake up for night feed, if not, he cant slp...

Hv u started ur son on solid food?? Cos milk alone may not be enough for ur 9mth old son.

moomoo85

Hi kenxf03

I started to give ds solid food already.. like cereal, porridge and rusk bisuits..
He does not seems to like the porridge i cooked... salmon with porride with no seasoning... is it too bland? that's y ds don't like it?

PinkDiamonds

If u just started introducing solids, it may take a while for your child to get used to the new tastes and experience of eating from a spoon. It's always advised to feed them before they get hungry, so that they will be more willing to try this new thing.

I strongly advise against putting seasoning in food. In fact, there are fruits/vegetables u can add to the porridge/cereal to enhance the taste. So, I believe there is no need to add seasoning. We adults are used to having chili, soya sauce, salt in our foods, thus we always think our babies will find the food too bland.

It's also good to offer a variety of foods to expose your baby to different tastes.

kenxf_03

Hi kenxf03

I started to give dear son solid food already.. like cereal, porridge and rusk bisuits..
He does not seems to like the porridge i cooked... salmon with porride with no seasoning... is it too bland? that's y dear son dont't like it?
Hi Moomoo85,

Maybe u can try to cook the porridge with some meat/veggie stock?? Personally, I find the salmon to be abit fishy (no offence) so I didnt intro salmon to DS yet.

My way of cooking porridge is to cook the white rice with meat/veggie stock, then add in some pork/chicken/threadfin with finely diced carrot/ spinach/ pumpkin/ potato. Ds is enjoying it and simply love his porridge meal!

Hence, u can consider to intro some stock to ur salmon porridge and it may take away the fishy smell and bring out some flavour too.

I'm strongly agree with PinkDiamonds mummy, NEVER add in seasoning to ur porridge as baby below age 1 is advisable not to take any seasoning as yet!

moomoo85

veggie stock as in those in cube form?
will try putting that the next time...

Thanks for those useful informations mummies!!! =)

apollo

I think what the mummy means is homemade vege stock and not those cube stock you can get in supermarket...
yup, those readymade stock selling in supermarket is not suitable for babies.

moomoo85, b4 feeding ur baby any foods, i suggest u to read thru the ingredients etc as what goes into a baby's tummy is v impt.. as for stock, usually i will cook the sliver fish in water till it boils, den use the water to cook ds's porridge. den leave it in slow cooker. 15-20min b4 i swicth off everything, will throw in threadfin, pumpkin, whatever i'm feeding ds... :001_302:

kenxf_03

veggie stock as in those in cube form?
will try putting that the next time...

Thanks for those useful informations mummies!!! =)
oh NO! No! No!

Wat i meant is those homemade one, cook the stock by myself.. So sorry, didnt make myself clear enough.. :shyxxx:

PinkDiamonds

Preparing a pot of stock and freezing them into cubes is actually a good idea. This way, you don't have to cook "from scratch" everyday. But please don't freeze the cooked meat along with the stock, don't think it's advisable. You can add in the meat only when you want to feed your baby for more flavor. This is great when your baby is starting to chew and exposing to different textures of food.

As a SAHM, I usually use the stock for myself also. Nowadays as my girl is starting to chew stuff, I can actually share whatever my daughter is eating. I don't have to make her porridge as mashed up as before, & I can offer her other carbs like kway teow. Not sure if this is advisable though. :p