how much money do you give your parents monthly?

LoVeS

I dun gif my parents $$ as i dun wrk but b4 tt hse bills are paid by me. As for dh he gif his parents $450 per mth.

elaine01

hardly enuf for ourselves. but will give $100~$200 if got extra. they understand too. they working still. if we give, they reject unless they keep for us temporarily until we need it.

huihui

We gave $700 to my MIL coz she take care of my DS while we work.

For my parents.. after i got married, the money reduce to $150/mth. Only when near to CNY, den got give bonus amt to both parents.

jaynshar

for me n dh...dh gave $150-$300 to his parents depend on hw much spare cash he has on hand..sometime dun give...n for my parents side...they dun wan acept $ from us..cos they noe we hv too much commitment liao.:tlaugh:

Mrs Xie

I gave my mom $200 before I got married and gave birth... after that she refuse to accept any money from me cos she knows that we have commitments too.... My ILs oso do not accept my Dh's money, as both are still working.... and sometimes they even give my Dh money instead!!!:shyxxx:

celine

will give my mum $300/mth b4 married...
nw staying at ILs hse din give them bt have to pay for the uility bill which cost ard $250/mth... (mil think we earn alot)
after married my mum dun accept my $$ coz she know we have commitments oso...(appreciate the thingz my mum done for me) :001_302:

lulu_booboo

i give my parents S$600 per mth...
then on CNY and their birthdays, some more money...

also i pay for their holidays... like they coming over to UK to stay with me for 3 mths, so i'm sending them to Rome for a week holiday in Dec before Christmas so that they can experience the Christmas markets and atmosphere...
last time they came to UK, they went to Paris, Amsterdam, Barcelona... all they really liked and enjoyed...

but smelly AM doesn't give his mum any money... it's not the culture to give parents money in UK...

xiaodaisy

last time wen i work.. i gave all my salary to my mother, so now tats e reason i don wanna work haha.. i earn nothing for 6yrs leh!!!

Little Quinn

Till today, I've been working for 7 years and all these 7 years I've have been giving my mum $300
well, she didnt reject my money even though she knws that I got comittment leh..

Anyway, hubby gave his mum $500 coz she is looking after our DD and we also had dinner at her place almost every evening...

cherishbebe

$250-300 per mth..
Will give more as next time she will taking care of my bb...

My DH give about $300 to MIL too as we are staying with them..

tamarind

I give total $1000 to my mother and father. They are staying with me. My mother helps to look after my kids, so I thought I should pay her the equivalent of a babysitter.

justmint

b4 married, I give $400 mthly.

After married I give $700. cos my mom helps take care of my bb. She told us don't need to give her so much, but I insist to give. How can don't give rite??

chachaleo

i give my dad $50 (coffee money) as he's working as for my mum is $100. I hope to give them more but with so many commitments it's difficult. But will give more when receive AWS.

ireneliau

i give my dad and mum both 200buck each.. for my husband he give his mum 800buck and dad 100buck.. His mum helping us to look after my gal and we are currently living in their hs.. if got bouns then give more depend..

laughingcat

I gave my mum $900 as she is looking after my boy. Still she is asking for more. On top of that I engaged a maid for her. DH gave $500 to my ILs.

I will be cuting down all this when I enrolled my child to the childcare. Me does not want my mum to look after my boy as she demands alot. Scare of all the demand of $.

Sometime can't help feeling that mum is making use of the current situation. Sometime told her that I have other committments and she just ignores and gave me a black face. Because of that, I have no choice in putting my boy to a childcare.

When I read the thread and I really envious of your parents all so understanding in the committments that we new parents have.

shopaholic

We give abt $1.1k in total. This is excluding the extras we give them when we hv our AWS/bonus. Also, I buy some groceries for my mil too, and occasionally, take them shopping (we pay), giving them some extras when they go tour etc.

I think will need to increase this amount soon as prices are going up. Prices of groceries hv gone up, so do the fresh food we buy from the wet market. So I think it's reasonable to give more to counter the inflation since we also received rather gd pay increments. :)

-SRI-

B4 preg gave mum $200 only..nvr give dad cz he nvr contribute any $$ for my growing up yrs...Since mum hv been taking care of me since her divorce..I gave her only... usually when go out wit her, I'l pay for her expenses.. paiseh la if we dere den mom need to pay.. Nw preg cant give her $$$ cz nvr work...Sob...Sob...trying to find a job so I can give her & need it to feed my BB eventhough she afford... Nt easy being a single mum!! but juz jia you la........:Dancing_wub: