How to bring EBM when bringing baby outside???

heyious

Hi. When I bring my baby to the hospital for checkups previously, I will bring a container of warm water and FM to feed him in case he gets hungry while on the go. That was because my supply was low. Now that I have enough for him, how do I bring EBM out to feed him?

I have not gotten him to latch on when we go out yet. I plan to get a nursing cover too, just in case. Anyone has an idea where I can get a nursing cover that covers the front and the back of my body? I have seen one lady using a nursing cover that covers the front and back and it has a sling ring on it. Looks like a boncho with a sling ring. Where can I can this?

blackpiggy

i think you can try latching him when you are out.
not a good idea to bring out ebm: you can't leave it more than 4 hrs in room temp and may waste it if he's not hungry at all, also quite troublesome as you have to bring hot water to warm the milk.
if you are at hospital you can use the nursing rooms. i don't use any particular nursing cover, just my own shawl or bb's blankie then safety pin it in the centre and pull it to the side to cover (save cost, nursing items exp, hee). a good nursing top also helps a lot :)

heyious

I think I will try but it seems at home, he can nurse for 2hrs and still be hungry after 30 mins....is this normal?

blackpiggy

i'm not sure, but how old is your baby? maybe he's on grow spurt? i used to feed on demand
i rem when my son around 2 mths old got 1 period he can nurse 1 side about 45mins, then about 2 hours (start to start) interval each feed. so its about 30mins apart from end to start of feed before he cry for milk(?) again.

heyious

He is coming to be 1 mth old...mine is abt end of the feed, where he pushes the nipple away. Then 30mins later, he cries for milk..I wonder if he has not enough just now or something?

mummy jay

hi heyious,

don't worry, i think babies drink every 2-3 hours. You count from the start of the feed to the start of the next feed. Try to encourage your baby to nurse faster...can tickle him or wake him up if he stops.

I am using Mon Petit Jardin nursing cover. So far so good and the material is not bad. You can source online to look through their products.

When I go out, I just thaw out my EBM and pour it into a bottle. Then I feed it to baby within 4 hrs. Sometimes my baby also nurse for very long...so faster to feed EBM...especially when I bring him out.

blackpiggy

it should be he had enough then he's hungry again. he's still learning to suck efficiently now and breastmilk can be digested faster so not to worry :)