how to bring my boy out when he wanna sleep?

joanneang

hi mommies..

my boy is 2mth plus ,sleep in sarong "yaolan" day n nite.last mth i bring him out for his injection,on the way back my boy cried n wan his yao lan,my nanny tried to rock him give him his pacifier,but all no use..he cried so badly in the car,finally rch hm i quickly put him in his precious yao lan,then he fall asleep... any mummies have the same problem before? how mummies cope with this? these few days he cant really sleep soundly, i dun knw y.. sleep awhile he will wake up by himself n i have to "yao" him to sleep..these few days i can "yao" him for 2 hrs then he can finally sleep deeply....any mummies have this problem?

tks..

I also have this issue . She sleep in the sarong day and night too .
So now i do not bring her out :eek: and she is coming to 6 month old .
She only goes to places like my parents place and nanny place which have yaolan.
During days for injection , i will put her inside the stroller and let her sleep awhile first before bring her up the car ,if not very cranky .
Maybe you can try this method . Let her sleep in the stroller for 30-45min before the car ride .

I tried to wean her out of the yaolan using CIO but failed . I gave up . Let her be .
I pray for the day when she grow up and wean herself out of the yaolan . :001_302:

Me and hubby's totally lose our freedom because of this but we are happy to have her and stay at home to play with her . Every now and then , we will give each other a break to go out with friends . :001_302:

apollo

ds used to slp in yaolan (in e daytime) too but i have no pro handling him outside. just nd his stroller will do. he will slp in his stroller (when it is moving) or in a moving car. so even when i go to other's hse, i have to bring up the stroller, just to make him slp.

ur son is only 2mths and alrdy so rely on sarong. I suggest u to slowly wean him off now. if not as he grow older, will rely on it even more and much more diffi to wean him off =)

joanneang

dear son used to sleep in yaolan (in e daytime) too but i have no pro handling him outside. just need his stroller will do. he will sleep in his stroller (when it is moving) or in a moving car. so even when i go to other's house, i have to bring up the stroller, just to make him sleep.

your son is only 2mths and alrdy so rely on sarong. I suggest you to slowly wean him off now. if not as he grow older, will rely on it even more and much more diffi to wean him off =)
ya loh.. but i try to make him sleep on the bed with us,n with his pacifier but still can not.. he will cried badly,i cant bear to see him like this so i put him in his yaolan then he stop crying then slowly fall asleep liao... i oso scare if i nvr wearn him off, i dun think i can able to bring him out nxt time..

joanneang

I also have this issue . She sleep in the sarong day and night too .
So now i do not bring her out :eek: and she is coming to 6 month old .
She only goes to places like my parents place and nanny place which have yaolan.
During days for injection , i will put her inside the stroller and let her sleep awhile first before bring her up the car ,if not very cranky .
Maybe you can try this method . Let her sleep in the stroller for 30-45min before the car ride .

I tried to wean her out of the yaolan using CIO but failed . I gave up . Let her be .
I pray for the day when she grow up and wean herself out of the yaolan . :001_302:

Me and hubby's totally lose our freedom because of this but we are happy to have her and stay at home to play with her . Every now and then , we will give each other a break to go out with friends . :001_302:

this is wad me n my hubby scare of now.. n i tried to make him sleep with us ,but still can not.. i really dun knw wad method to use to wean him off..
i think i make the wrong choice to let my boy sleep in sarong..haize...

raeka

They feel secure in e "YAO LAN" my boy when was baby period too sleep Yao LAn during e day so when we were out, I will use e sling n tappin him to sleep then put him in stroller.
*try to talk to him when you r out that no Yao Yao outside. Mummy love you.

May I know is your Yao Lan portable?if yes push to another and tell him that no more Yao Yao. If not portable you might need to remove e sarong and tell him mummy wash e yaoyao we sleep bed bed tonight.
Turn off e light n start to coax him sleep . Is hard if still cannot maybe wait till he Another few more months then train again.

Every child is different you need to monitor yourself n slowly train. Try again , jia you.

tulip_nel

Maybe on nite u can try to "yao lan" him to sleep first, after he is sound asleep, u can quickly move him out from yao lan to the bed.. I tried so to my boy and it works.. normally he will wake up at 5-6 am again asking to be put back to yao lan.. then I will transfer him back to yaolan until he is awake on 7-8am..

When he is bigger, you may try to pat him directly on the bed.. normally I would let him play on his bed first, then if he seems to be tired, then try to pat him to sleep with his favourite music or feed him some milk, then he can quickly go to sleep..

Hope this would help...

Ting

so the sling will do, for the babies to sleep?
yes, they feel more secured than slping in a stroller cos they r like "wrapped" up and also feel your body heat.
but just be careful when u r shopping while slinging your bb. i saw this mother once, she was just walking n turning here n there, her baby head nearly knocked on the shelf. :nah::nah::nah:

joanneang

Maybe on nite you can try to "yao lan" him to sleep first, after he is sound asleep, you can quickly move him out from yao lan to the bed.. I tried so to my boy and it works.. normally he will wake up at 5-6 am again asking to be put back to yao lan.. then I will transfer him back to yaolan until he is awake on 7-8am..

When he is bigger, you may try to pat him directly on the bed.. normally I would let him play on his bed first, then if he seems to be tired, then try to pat him to sleep with his favourite music or feed him some milk, then he can quickly go to sleep..

Hope this would help...
now i did that too...but i notice that wheni yao lan him to sleep at nite then i put him to his cot,he will sleep till the next frrding time,but when i did the same thing in the morning,he can oni sleep the most an hr.. then i will put him bk to his yaolan again... i think i hard to wean him off yao lan in day time..he will cry cry.sum ppl say let him cry for few time,just wean him off this yaolan,or else will be very hard to wean him off when he is getting older.. is it okie to let a bb cry like that??? he can cry till his voice oso change,im so worried..

AugBoyz

Every new routine needs time for the baby to adjust n adapt. My monster is a yaolan baby too but we try not to let him be dependent on it. We let him nap in the yaolan at home but on bed when at friends' or my mum's house, no issue with tt, just have to pat him to sleep. We also do the transfer to bed method at night, initially he fuss but we were firm n keep patting n singing/humming lullaby or song or jus some music, eventually he fell asleep.

Sling is good :) For ur 2mths old he shld be sling in the pouch position which gives him the safe n secure environment as the womb. This shld make napping or falling asleep easier.

Remember;
1. dun let ur child manipulate u otherwise u lose ur freedom n eventually control over him. U set the rules not ur child
2. dun carry n rock ur child to sleep unless u want to keep doing it till they are 6mths old n risk breaking ur arms n back
3. be patient, consistent n persistent with every new changes n routines to see result, it may take days/weeks/months but eventually u will get there.

Good Luck!

AugBoyz

Oh and to answer your question; How to bring my boy out when he wanna sleep, simple! avoid his nap time but frankly for 2 mths old baby they are still too young to go out for long period of time :)