How to clear phlegm?

epicurean

Hi shespice,

My 2-cents' worth ... you might want try letting your gal sleep on her side if she's coughing at night or during sleep. That's a safer way to cough compared to being on her back. Also try to keep her head elevated by positioning her pillow and/or mattress at a gentle, gradual incline ... makes for easier breathing during sleep esp with all the phlegm.

My boy has a low tolerance for heat so I use the air-con for his naps & night-time sleep at 25 degrees. I agree with diymummy ... when the temp is too high, the room gets stuffy. When it's too hot, he doesn't sleep well & wakes up perspiring. He's comfortable at 25 degrees coz it's cool & ventilated. I cover him snugly with his light blanket and layer his hands & legs with a warmer blanket coz his extremities get cool quite easily. For night, he wears long pants with socks for added warmth. His hypertone makes his body temperature fluctuate so I monitor by checking on the back of his neck to see if he's cold or over-heated.

Hope your gal recovers soon!

shespice

Hi Epicurean
Thanks for suggestion and concern. She is improving but still with slight cough and can still hear her phlegm at times while she breathe. Will try to let her sleep on her side if she can stay on that position hahah.. She tends to fall asleep in the most awkward positions but I usually will try to position her again after that only to find her in another weird position later. I will try to lower the air con temp and see how it goes so that she wont perspire so much. I was just afraid that the aircon will aggrevate her cold since the pediatrician actually did advise not to use aircon at all.