how to differentiate baby's hiccup and kicks?

I started to feel my baby kicks last week more.. I'm in my week 24 now. Some people say if it's rhythmic Gould be baby hiccups. How to differentiate hiccups and kicks ah? So interesting!

My baby can have a few kicks / hiccups then later stop. It feels like a punch, though very light from inside and can see my body move at that position.

andieluv2

Cherry blossom:685673 said:
I started to feel my baby kicks last week more.. I'm in my week 24 now. Some people say if it's rhythmic Gould be baby hiccups. How to differentiate hiccups and kicks ah? So interesting!

My baby can have a few kicks / hiccups then later stop. It feels like a punch, though very light from inside and can see my body move at that position.
U are right!!! rhythmic movements.. It feels like u having hiccups but its ur.little.one having it. Its rhythmic.movement over the same region and kicks and punches can be randoms. Make sure ur baby kicks and punch or roll at least 10x per day. Excluding hiccups. Bcoz hiccups are juz reflexes. They are not totally consider fetal.movements. Dun worry, slowly u will be able to differentiate the 2. and i miss all her kicks and punches after i deliver. Now she.kicks me in my face!! lol...

Oh I'm in my week 25 and only really felt more random movement for past one week. Then all along earlier what I've been feeling are just hiccups and not kicks?? Is it ok? Them deemd baby hiccups quite often.. Haha.. I've asked my gynae yesterday and he said its fine if kicks not very frequent .. He said only need to monitor from my next appointment at week 29.

I also felt kicks or hiccups towards my bladder.. Makes me always wanting to pee..

andieluv2

Cherry blossom:687877 said:
Oh I'm in my week 25 and only really felt more random movement for past one week. Then all along earlier what I've been feeling are just hiccups and not kicks?? Is it ok? Them deemd baby hiccups quite often.. Haha.. I've asked my gynae yesterday and he said its fine if kicks not very frequent .. He said only need to monitor from my next appointment at week 29.

I also felt kicks or hiccups towards my bladder.. Makes me always wanting to pee..
Are u a first time mum? If so u may feel the.kicks.later. Sometimes its thr but we dun know or distracted by.things Nd we dun really feel it. I remembered its towards my last few few.weeks, say 30wks onwards then i slowly learn.how to differentiate. Even my hub knows if she.kick/punch or hiccups. Bcoz he can see and feel whether it is rhythmic or random. And towards the end, kicks anfld punches.are harder compared to hiccups. Hiccups are.more gentle and.u.may feel.more hiccups near ur due.day bcoz ur baby is.practicing.breathing in ur.tummy and.it causes them.to have more hiccups. Its really bery cute one!! Thats one.of the.most special feeling i missed now after delivery. Btw my.bb girl is 12 weeks liao... Jia you on ur pregnancy. Njoy every.moment k!!!

Haha andieluv2, thanks!!

Yes I'm a first time mum with a prince . :) actually I'm always worrying when I read that people since as early as 18 weeks can already feel baby's movement. When I first felt mine at 20 weeks, I again worry how come mine not like kicking so regularly and hard as what other mummies said. Sometimes whole day quiet and not active. Haha.. I think every baby and pregnancy is different. Yeah I'm enjoying and hoping everything will go smoothly! :)

Hee.. Enjoy your motherhood and happy moments with your girl! :)

andieluv2

Cherry blossom:688373 said:
Haha andieluv2, thanks!!

Yes I'm a first time mum with a prince . :) actually I'm always worrying when I read that people since as early as 18 weeks can already feel baby's movement. When I first felt mine at 20 weeks, I again worry how come mine not like kicking so regularly and hard as what other mummies said. Sometimes whole day quiet and not active. Haha.. I think every baby and pregnancy is different. Yeah I'm enjoying and hoping everything will go smoothly! :)

Hee.. Enjoy your motherhood and happy moments with your girl! :)
Every pregnancy.is different. I read some as early as 16wks!!! i unferstand bcoz i freaked out oso whn i only felt my bb flutter ard wk 20 too... But after tht she keep doing somersaults inside me everytime. Esp at.night!! She's.like clubbing inside me. she even kick her daddy real hard whn he place his hand on my tummy and he got a shocked!! true enough now she's outta my tummy, she is kicking nonstop.still , sometimes she will kick until she tired and.fall aslp!! real adorable!! soon u will feel that but before the arrival of.ur prince, SLEEP MORE!!!! JUZ SLEEP WHEN EVER U CAN!!! bcoz once they are out, u wont be able to slp anymore. excited++++ and if u.plan to bf u gotta.feed.on demand. Sometimes hrly if u wanna pump exclusively that will be every 3-4hrs u gotta.pump.even at night!! for me, i did not slp.more than 4hr straighf for 3 mths.since my princess's arrival. Damn shagged!! so rest and slp.as much as u can now!! thats my only advice. Good luck!!!

Jojoai

I'm now in my 34 weeks. During my 32 weeks I knew what is hiccups. It's like the same as us having hiccups but only in your tummy. :) usually kicks will feel more like jabs ~ hiccups will feel like just jumping movements every few seconds. And may last up to 5 mins as my baby boy lasts 5 mins. :) and when they grow bigger their movements are harder. And sometimes really hurt. By then you will really differentiate it. :)

Hi jojoai,
I'm week 26 now and I could feel my baby hitting on different parts on my tummy but they are not painful yet. I thought was hiccups but they are not really rythmnic it's like sometimes 2 or 3 then no more and interval is different. Sometimes a white comes back sometimes never back! Haha.. And can see my tummy popping up.

Is it too early to feel pain for baby kicks now? Not that I want to feel pain but just worried why not strong as others mentioned. :)

Jojoai

Hahaha. Maybe it is. Because only in last trimester then I felt it really hurting. Haha. You can feel like very gentle drum beating like that in your tummy when hiccups. :) your tummy won't pop out. If pop out its either the hands or the legs. :)