How to encourage you kids to keep the toys after playing

priscilla

We will remind him nicely for 3 times but if he refused, we will throw it away. And after throwing 2 of his toys away, now he will keep them before he takes out something else to play and he will keep them once he completes his play so no need to shout at him. All I do is to take out a garbage bag and he will keep straight away.

EnFlor

All my three young kids will start to pack their stuff/toys when i begin any one of the tunes below. It a cue for them to get going. And within minutes, they will sing along, at the same time do their part in cleaning up their toys. Try it, it's fun!

Tune : "This is the way"

This is the way we pick up our toys,
pick up our toys,
pick up our toys...
This is the way we pick up toys before we have our snack. (drink, tv, nap, bath, etc)

Another fav is the famous Barney Clean up song.

shopaholic

Actually, the kids learn after they attend classes, say at 2+ yo. The teachers will sing a tune to ask them to help clean up and the kids learn thru this fun way. At home, I also practise that and after they did it, I give them compliments and encourage them to continue this gd habit. :)

ivyteng929

normaly i will tell him, say bye bye to all ur toy, bye bye car, then he will keep the car, bye bye tractor, then he slowly bye bye them and keep them.