How to explain to my 18 month child that a baby is coming soon..

Alisa

what I did is tell my son that there is a mei mei inside my tummy and as him to touch my tummy. whenever night time during his night feed, we always ask him who are each of us and himself then I will point to my tummy and say who is this? kept telling him that he is a big bro, he need to take care of mei mei, share toys with her. so far b4 birth, he is ok but I realised on the last week b4 my c-sec ( cuz we told him mei mei coming out when) he become more moody and will kept cry for no reason. think he felt it. now I cannot let him see that I was carry mei mei when he woke up or when he came back from school... or else he will be moody again. other than that, he is ok when I acknowledge him 1st then bring mei mei into the picture after that.

ast0212

I just kept showing my son lots of pictures of babies and pregnant women, telling him that there's a baby in there like mummy. I told him his sister's name so he knew she had a name and somehow it seems he understood it.

JJ2011

Hi Alisa & Ast0212, Thanks for the sharing. I will tell him but I think he wont understand now :embarrassed:

Alisa

can de, my son only turn 2 yrs old 2 days after my gal is born so he was also around the same mth as yr son now.