How to increase bm without latch bb on?

Oppsgal

Is there anyway to increase bm without latch bb on? Kind of pain as I don't know how to latch on.

Got sore nipples with do so.:nah:

Ottermum

Yup gotta express like every 2 hours EVEN if the expressed amount's too little...

your milk flow will increase eventually!

Cheyenne

Is it true that you must pump out even thou you have very little, so as to stimulate the flow ?

was a little guilty when I don't have much for DD years back, despite many try. Hence determine to BF as much as possible now. Pls share tips with me.

kym

Yes, green papaya soup is good. Drink hot milo before and after you bf you baby. Massage your breast before breast feed to stimulate the flow also works.

littlesuki

actually, latch on is the best way.

you could fill the breast becomes full when you latch bb on. Just try the comfortable position.

Is there anyway to increase bm without latch bb on? Kind of pain as I don't know how to latch on.

snowbear

Latching is the best way to increase bm. If you have difficulty latching, you can seek assistance from a lactation consultant at the hospital or polyclinic. Alternatively, if you have good friends who are bfding, you can also ask them to help u.

Otherwise, pump more often, even if you see very little milk each time. Pumping or latching signals to your body that you need to produce more milk so your body will react to the stimulus in a couple of days or so. Drink more fluids, have enough food intake and get some rest. That'd also help to increase or at least maintain your milk supply.

rocket science

hi ladies,

this is a reply to all in general because i was reading through and felt that i could share my bfeeding experience with you all.

i've been bfeeding for 10months (and counting!) and i think every effort you make to bfeed your baby will be worth it.

during the 1st month, i was drinking lotsa soup, including the famous green papaya + fish soup. i don't know if it works, but no harm trying it. tastes good and the liquid content will help you produce milk anyway.

thereafter, i made it a point to keep drinking soup, milk, water and juices as much as possible. at work, sometimes i get too busy and don't drink enough water...and that's very evident when i try to pump milk after lunch. getting about 140ml in the cup only.

also, there came a point where i had really painful nipples; totally sore and raw from baby's suckling. but don't worry, the pain will pass and it'll help if you air your nipples for awhile. don't put cream though.

and after i had a really bad round of fever, my milk supply DROPPED drastically. i could feel the milk storing up, but it wouldn't come out when i pumped so the only way was to just pump as much as possible, massage breasts and let my baby suck everything out once i reach home.

i'm a strong believer in bfeeding and i must say that it's been a real challenge to have made it to 10months, considering my MIL has been all the way dropping remarks that it's been too long, baby don't get full on milk, baby should drink other things, etc. sometimes, i just wanna tell the woman to Shut Up.

BUT, that's another story i can share in private ;p

Hope you all don't give up bfeeding when u meet with obstacles! :Dancing_wub:

Oppsgal

Starting nipples will sore when bf, even come out blood. Now not so sore. Not sure is it because of the nipple cream that I apply or am used to the suckling baby. :001_302:

But is tiring to wake up middle night to bf baby. Going to be zombie. But if never get up and pump or bf, scare will fever again.

snowbear

Starting nipples will sore when bf, even come out blood. Now not so sore. Not sure is it because of the nipple cream that I apply or am used to the suckling baby. :001_302:

But is tiring to wake up middle night to bf baby. Going to be zombie. But if never get up and pump or bf, scare will fever again.
For the middle of the nite feed, maybe you can try the lying down position. That way, you can get some rest too. :)

snowbear

I don't know how to sleep position +bf.:embarrassed:

Sit also got problem feeding bb sometimes.
It's difficult at first, but must try coz it'll benefit you in the long run. Hee... anyway, i heard from my friend that her son prefers the lying down position so i guess some babies have preferences. My DD also likes the lying down position.

I read up and watched a video on Youtube to learn last time. Haha... Maybe you can try that... The lactation consultant i spoke to told me that can latch first in the sitting position then you slowly lie down and place bb on the bed.

jojoki

i had problem bf initially esp first 3-4 days. no milk after i latch fr 30 ms on each breast she still needs formula n will drink another 1.5oz. n just as i've setlled burping changing her, n myself .. drink.. go toilet.. b4 i can rest fr 10ms shes up wailing fr milk again.

it was exhausting! n i dread bf her cos i had problem finding a right position n my nipples was vry sore as she sucks really hard n fast. by day 4 i put her on formula n tried to pump milk.. n after 1 hour of pumping.. less thn 1oz.

she was later admitted to hosp fr high jaundice n i stayed from morning to night to latch her when shes hungry. thn i met up with the lactation consultant there, Helen. She was excellent.. tot me how to latch her properly.. finding the right position to seat n nurse comfortably. in between feeds she had me pump my milk ... n by the next day.. my breast was producing so much milk. by day 7 i was leaking milk ... nowadays i can pump 100ml in less than 30ms just on one side of breast.

i neve take any fish soup or papaya soup. Just drink lots of water n eat nutritious food. Protein, calcium..etc. The key to it is PATIENCE... U must first learn to latch properly and nurse comfortably... then u will not get sore nipples... and nursing will be a wonderful time of bonding for u n ur child.

I'm breastfeeding her exclusively now... Good luck!

jojoki

I don't know how to sleep position +bf.:embarrassed:

Sit also got problem feeding bb sometimes.
just something i learnt.. seat down comfortably and place a pillow behind ur back not small pillow.. the regular size one.. place it upright to support ur whole back. Put ur childs mouth to where ur nipples are positioned.. no need to raise ur breast etc... if u are heavy top place a folded towel beneath it. otherwise just place the child where ur nipples r.. when u first latch her,, (eg right hand holding her neck.. ur left hand just hold ur breast n when she opens her mouth big big.. bring her towards ur nipples (not ur breast to her mouth) then right hand hold her in position n left hand hold ur breast in position until shes securely suckling .. taking in the aerola area instead of just nipples.. chin touching ur breast.... then put a pillow under ur arms so that u can rest... .. hope it helps... :)