How to let bb to sleep thru the night?

Lim2528

Dear mummy,
My bb boy is 10wks old now. I observe that he always like to wake up at 2am after his last feed 10pm. I have try to increase the last feed from 90ml to 120ml, he still wake up at 2am. Or I did delay the feed at 11pm and he still wake up at 2am. Is there any way that he can sleep through the night feed? Still got 6wks more and I'm return to work soon. So I hope he can really sleep through.

apollo

he only wake up once a night at 2am?? actu i feel tt 10 weeks old waking up abt 1-2 times per night is v 'reasonable'.. i rmb ds started to slp thru when he was 3mth old. he will have his last feed at 11+pm and wake up at 5-6am. and sometimes they wake up at night, doesnt mean they are hungry. did he cry for milk? or just wake up staring at the ceiling? what i did was to ignore ds until he cry for milk, if not try pacifier if u dont mind ur baby to use, cos sometimes they just wanna suck for comfort.

angelwendy

I feel that u r already very lucky... my boy wakes up every 2 ~3 hour for milk when he is ur baby age... now he is 10 months then better...

Lim2528

He currently wake up at 2am for feed and the next feed will be around 5am. What i really hope that he can skip thru the 2am feed.
I did try the pacifier yesterday when he wail for milk at 2am.. initial he did suck suck than he make noise again with pacifier in his mouth. Than the next thing I did is to switch on the rocker for yao lan and he back to his sleep. But 45mins later, he cry out loud for milk which I manage to delay the 2am feed to 2.45am. Haiz... thought he can tahan till 5am but too bad.. hee hee... I still hoping he can sleep thru till 5am.

angelwendy

That's mean he is really hungry... when my son suck pacifier & cry at the same time.. is consider hungry...

apollo

He currently wake up at 2am for feed and the next feed will be around 5am. What i really hope that he can skip thru the 2am feed.
I did try the pacifier yesterday when he wail for milk at 2am.. initial he did suck suck than he make noise again with pacifier in his mouth. Than the next thing I did is to switch on the rocker for yao lan and he back to his sleep. But 45mins later, he cry out loud for milk which I manage to delay the 2am feed to 2.45am. Haiz... thought he can tahan till 5am but too bad.. hee hee... I still hoping he can sleep thru till 5am.
tt means he is not ready to slp thru yet. since tt's the case, just stick to it. if he is really hungry, he needs milk, not rocker/yaolan.

shiyi

haha ure considered quite lucky already.
my girl just suddenly slp thru the nite from 3+ months onwards.

Ting

hmmm, hv u tried replacing the feed with water? thats what my mum taught me, but lucky for me, pin slpt thru the night at 1mth plus.

Maeva

Mmm...my son is 7 months and he's still asking for 2-3 bottles a night even though he's having a solids dinner + a bottle before going to bed and even after trying "the water instead of milk" trick.
There's no secret solution, you just have to be patient I guess...

banner82

Dear mummy,
My baby boy is 10wks old now. I observe that he always like to wake up at 2am after his last feed 10pm. I have try to increase the last feed from 90ml to 120ml, he still wake up at 2am. Or I did delay the feed at 11pm and he still wake up at 2am. Is there any way that he can sleep through the night feed? Still got 6wks more and I'm return to work soon. So I hope he can really sleep through.
my son is also 10 weeks old and have similar routine as yours. He wakes up every 3 hrs to feed because he is hungry. There's nothing we can do and wait till he outgrow his routine. We just have to be patience.

pehong

I think it is natural born. My frens kids, everyone sleep thru the night since 3 mths +. As for my 3 kids, all still need to drink milk mid nite till age 1+. Some of my frens also say so, they said last time hows yr time when baby, then yr baby ll be the same, not sure correct or not. May be can ask yr mother...

PinkDiamonds

Some babies may not be neurologically ready to stretch their sleeping time yet. Also, increasing the amount of milk in his last feed may not necessarily help baby to sleep longer.

My twins are about 11 weeks old. The youngest one sleeps from 8pm to 8am, while the elder one still wakes up about every 3-4 hours for milk at night. So give your little one some more time. My eldest daughter only started sleeping through the night around 4-5 months old.

How often does your little one feed in the day? You may want to try and increase his feeding interval in the day to see if it helps him to sleep longer at night.