How to make my bb sleep in the cot?

alexia

Have been trying to put my bb in the cot but the most she will sleep for 3hrs and cry out loud and wanna either daddy or mummy to carry and she will sleep immediately on either my or my hubby's shoulder...how? Should i just let her cry till she falls asleep? Will she get choke from crying too long?

1 thing to add - she will sleep soundly if she is lying with her daddy and mummy on the bed...

Pamper

that was something similar to me too.. my girl was reluctant to slp in a cot.. aft searching the forum then realise many newborn doesn't likes to slp in cot..
i tried many methods but nothing last.. until i let her cry till slp.. starting she would cry for 30 mins then slp till morning.. aft some times she seems to know that we r letting her cry then she can cry for 1 or slightly more until i carried her n she fell aslp, put her back to cot also ok. cos too tired..
and now then we grab her pattern le.. she likes to have routine n slp in quiet n dark room. now everyday she would be aslp by 8pm.. we will leave her in the cot, close the door n lights. the most she would cry for 5-10mins. sometimes too tired nv even cry then slp.. viola!
but now weather so hot.. she cannot slp in cot cos of the heat.. she will get frustrated n cant slp.. so i let her slp in sarong cradle now. ^^

redjn

partially is b'cos the cot mattress is usual very warm (those r mostly covered with elastic / plastic fabric) during my time what i did is i bought a new set of mattress is which foam type if u buy a good type the foam were not that hot than the original mattress (price is about $70-80 depend on the size ) my cost me $75 my boy were sleeping well there.

I had a trick in putting him to sleep. when time comes I placed him into the electric cradle once he goes into deep sleep I will swift him to the cot then he will sleep thro' the nite. not foregtting to have a circular fan around him so that is airy for him not to filled that hot during his sleep time.

fern

Have been trying to put my baby in the cot but the most she will sleep for 3hrs and cry out loud and wanna either daddy or mummy to carry and she will sleep immediately on either my or my hubby's shoulder...how? Should i just let her cry till she falls asleep? Will she get choke from crying too long?

1 thing to add - she will sleep soundly if she is lying with her daddy and mummy on the bed...
my baby sleeps fine on the cot, but it could be because she is not aware of any other possible sleeping location since she sleeps in the cot from day 1. She is coming 2 months now.

I agree on the mattress part, i used a foam mattress as well. Can "custom make from any of the furniture shops downstairs HDB..mine was about 40 dollars