How to make puree for baby?

esthergal

Hi hi...

Ermm... may i know how to make puree for baby? like those fruits puree or vege puree? use blender? is it normal blender or there is special blender for making baby's food?

I tried to give my baby Healthy Times Strawberry puree (in jar) but he didn't like it... vomitted it out... :embarrassed:

Mummies can help to share commercial puree that your baby likes?

Thank you!!

diymummy

Hi esthergal,

I usually cut my vege into small pieces, steam it, then use a blender to puree it.

I think Avent has come out with a 2-in-1 steamer cum blender. I don't own that but it seems conenient.

I'm using a Braun hand blender and a Braun steamer. I like the hand blender coz it's easy to clean and light to use. It's good to get your steamer and blender seperately coz you can also use it for cooking your own meals.

It's actually not advisable to start with strawberry purees as it's one of the fruits that can cause allergies. You may try apple or pear instead. If you're making your own fruit puree, it is best to steam the fruit before pureeing.

You might want to refer to this site for a list of veges and fruits and the age range which is suitable to be introduced. www.wholesomebabyfood.com

If I'm buying commercial purees, I go for Gerber or Healthy Times as they have a wider range of single vege/fruit purees and that allows me to weed out allergies.

cocraze

Hi hi...

Ermm... may i know how to make puree for baby? like those fruits puree or vege puree? use blender? is it normal blender or there is special blender for making baby's food?

I tried to give my baby Healthy Times Strawberry puree (in jar) but he didn't like it... vomitted it out... :embarrassed:

Mummies can help to share commercial puree that your baby likes?

Thank you!!
Im not sharing from experience here (my girl's not that old yet), but I did come across a useful book at the National Library when I was more mobile and free during my pregnancy. I borrowed it for my sister to reference.
Title is called "Feeding your baby" by Dr Penny Stanway and Sara Lewis.

There are intro sections that talk about when and how much to start when feeding your baby purees and introducing solids. Also the types of foods that are suitable to introduce, and which are likely to cause allergies. Very useful, I thought!

The recipes also look very good and yummy, though some vegetables and fruits are more 'western' in nature, and we may not be able to find them easily in Singapore/not accustomed to the taste. But there are enough use-able recipes.