How to prepare EYS brown rice si sheng powder?

tayenee

hi mummies

how do i prepare EYS brown rice si sheng powder? their instruction seems complicated... tot of mixing it into the porridge and cook, is it ok?

Phyllis15

For my 4 month old boy, i take 1 scoop (scoop of Formula Milk) of EYS Brown Rice with 200ml of hot water and mix. Thereafter, boil it for 10 mins to completely cook the brown rice. The amount of water to put depends on how much milk your baby drinks. My boy drinks 170ml so i add additional 30ml for it to evaporate during boiling. Lastly, i add 5 scoops of formula milk to the brown rice mixture (5 scoop FM + 1 scoop brown rice for 170ml) and feed using bottle with a larger teat than FM because it's thicker. If you wish to feed via spoon then you might need to put 2 scoops of the brown rice to cook.

tayenee

Does it end up looking like a yam paste? U feed it with milk? Bt it's very sticky right?

May I know what equipment u use to boil it? I use a metal tin n it was boil instantly within 1 min n all turn into paste.

apollo

i will cook the porridge 1st and when it boils i will prepare the powder:

ard 2-3 teaspoon of powder mix with ard 1/3 bowl of room temp water, mix well and pour into the boiling porridge.

u hav to keep stirring the porridge when u pour the the liquid in if not it will become lumps.. =)

tayenee

may i know how many tblsp of porridge or cereal does ur baby takes at 7mths? my boi only takes 2-2.5 tblsp....izit too little?

apollo

may i know how many tblsp of porridge or cereal does your baby takes at 7mths? my boi only takes 2-2.5 tblsp....izit too little?
ehhh iirc, ds was taking ard 4-5 tablespn when he was 7-8mths.. did he drink milk b4 the cereal? sometimes could be he is still full. =)

camom

I "double boiled" it. I usually add water to the powder in a bowl, then lay the bowl over a pan of hot water on the stove to cook it, while stirring constantly. Then when it is cooked (becomes a paste n not powdery), I will leave it to cool a bit before adding ebm.

Phyllis15

If you intend to feed the brown rice with FM in a bottle, you need to keep stirring in order to prevent the solution from becoming a slurry.

tayenee

I preach spoon feeding for all semi solids. Yep I do feed him 100ml of ebm bef all sorts of solids. Then aft solids will b fm. According to ped, despite solids they stil need min 600ml of milk? My ds can't achieve this at all. He prolly end up mayb 400ml. Is he eating too little?