how to pump while resting/ sleeping

lovepixie

My baby is 6 days old. she has slight jaundice. My BM sometimes leak n bcos my baby keeps falling asleep while sucking I need to pump n save it for her later. So how do I pump while lying down or sleeping?

ling.er

My baby is 6 days old. she has slight jaundice. My BM sometimes leak n bcos my baby keeps falling asleep while sucking I need to pump n save it for her later. So how do I pump while lying down or sleeping?
My baby also have slight jaundice which I staying with her in hospital one more day..
Lying down I think quite difficult to pump .. Y not sit up with pillow on back to support. Then you can pump faster n also you can close your eye n rest while pumping ...

andieluv2

can buy a hands free bra. its a good investment. think some mummies are selling here. i am using it and its great! free ur hands to do things or rest ur hands dun need to keep holding the bottles.

lovepixie

Hi andieluv2 ,
Hands free bra? When I use my hand to pump I have to press the suction very hard into my breast in order to get good suction n not leak to the side. Using hands free bra can prevent the leak sideways? Thanks

lovepixie

Hi ling.er,
I find that I need sit up straight or else the milk will leak out of suction cup into my breast :( is my pump no good or what?

ling.er

Yes I agree .. Sit up n pump will be betters
how old is your newborn now?? Mine today is 6 days which I notice she also latch till fall asleep. So I sometime just wake her n conti feed her.. If not awhile later will make noise lei..
Btw I using medela freestyle, I find it not bad ..
Which pump you using btw??

andieluv2

lovepixie:734425 said:
Hi andieluv2 ,
Hands free bra? When I use my hand to pump I have to press the suction very hard into my breast in order to get good suction n not leak to the side. Using hands free bra can prevent the leak sideways? Thanks
wat pump are u using? i am using medela PISA. freestyle oso not bad. it is handsfree by itself but the spare parts eg valves is ex. so if its faulty or u need extra set, it will cost more to get them. i heard from many mummies that PISA's suction is stronger than freestyle which works great for me. PISA is not hands free so u need to use hand to hold. or else u can use hands free bra to hold the breast shield in plc.

i have attached a pict of the handsfree bra i am using. u are suppose to sit up nahz. but relax. try not to be so tense if not i realise it will affect let down too. so far the hands free bra had serve me well. my nxt pregnancy will sure get 1 too.

Attachments

andieluv2

lovepixie:735541 said:
I have Avent manual and little bean automatic pump (gift).
if ya using a manual pump then think the hands free bra defeats the purpose. its more for electric pump. hv u consider investing in a good dual electric pump if u are using often? manual pump can be time consuming and tiring.

diza

If u have the extra $$$ get freestyle.. U can lean back and relax while the pump does its job. Occasionally u just need to massage to stimulate more milk. That's all.

ling.er

I using freestyle.. But I find that sit up stimulAte milk faster.. After feeding 1 hour I pump for 10 min like that for both side only ... Then I left abit to feed my newborn later..