How to quit pacifier?

cutie9629

hi, all...recently im thinking to let my baby quit sucking pacifier....
any effective ideas can share with me? Thanks...:wong19:

wenz

i also wanna know how ah???
my last attempt was not sucessful...
i tried putting dark soya sauce to make it look dirty and also tried to put honey to attact ants to it to make my DD scared of the pacifier...
but then she turned clever and ask me to wash them!
if not she'll cry hell out of it...
so i failed... any other ideas?

autumn82

Bring her to the toilet wif the pacifier, then accidentally make her drop the pacifier into the toilet bowl. Then no more. :p

enirac

We tried a few times before successful. Initially i told him that if he can sleep without pacifier for one nite, i reward him with a toy... then slowly, i stretch to 2 nites. and eventually, no more pacifier :p

VroomVroomBoys

Alpha Male
I am fortunate ... becoz Seamus tend to bite on his pacifiers, more than really sucking on them. So, around the time when he turned 2, I just stopped replenishing the damaged pacifiers ...
:wink: :wink:

For the rest of you, I have a suggestion from Shichida no less ... although I've yet to practise myself (see reason above).

According to Shichida (& many other brain experts), even when we fall asleep, our subconscious mind take another 5 minutes or so to fall asleep ... so, we should utilise these 5 minutes to talk positive sense (not scold or threaten) to that person about why he/she should drop a certain bad habit.

What to do exactly?
Ask child in words: "are you asleep?" ... if no BIG response, then they are asleep.
Stroke child lovingly on the body ... & whisper in their ears.
For example, "you are big boy already. Big boys dun need pacifiers anymore. If you throw away pacifier, mummy will be very happy."
Repeat the same words for up to 5 minutes.
Repeat same process for up to 5 nites.

autumn82

I am fortunate ... becoz Seamus tend to bite on his pacifiers, more than really sucking on them. So, around the time when he turned 2, I just stopped replenishing the damaged pacifiers ...

For the rest of you, I have a suggestion from Shichida no less ... although I've yet to practise myself (see reason above).

According to Shichida (& many other brain experts), even when we fall asleep, our subconscious mind take another 5 minutes or so to fall asleep ... so, we should utilise these 5 minutes to talk positive sense (not scold or threaten) to that person about why he/she should drop a certain bad habit.

What to do exactly?
Ask child in words: "are you asleep?" ... if no BIG response, then they are asleep.
Stroke child lovingly on the body ... & whisper in their ears.
For example, "you are big boy already. Big boys dun need pacifiers anymore. If you throw away pacifier, mummy will be very happy."
Repeat the same words for up to 5 minutes.
Repeat same process for up to 5 nites.
Does this apply to thumb sucking?? :tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:

VroomVroomBoys

Alpha Male
autumn82 said:
Does this apply to thumb sucking?? :tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:
Like I said, I've not tried this on Seamus or Siggi yet ... but if you believe in the Shichida theory, then it should work for all circumstances ... including "brainwashing" your older kids to do their schoolwork properly.

autumn82

Like I said, I've not tried this on Seamus or Siggi yet ... but if you believe in the Shichida theory, then it should work for all circumstances ... including "brainwashing" your older kids to do their schoolwork properly.
Like that I must do some experiments on Belle 1st. "U r a big gal oredi, must finish your food within 20mins." :tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:

VroomVroomBoys

Alpha Male
autumn82 said:
Like that I must do some experiments on Belle 1st. "U r a big gal oredi, must finish your food within 20mins." :tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:
Must confirm that she is asleep ... & do it within the first 5 minutes after that.
Must ensure you use positive words, love words, praise words ... not threats etc.

Good Luck ... :wink: :wink:

chiro

wa! Your dd very intelligent lei! Heard people put chilli on it otherss smeared nutella to make it look like poo