How to teach my kid to keep his toy?

snowee

Hi mummies,

i have problem asking my 17th mth kid to keep his toys..
He throw his toys on the floor and when i asked him to keep..he just walk away haizzz...:Dancing_wub:

JJDad

Hi mummies,

i have problem asking my 17th mth kid to keep his toys..
He throw his toys on the floor and when i asked him to keep..he just walk away haizzz...:Dancing_wub:
if he follow instructions, he will not be called a kid. well, for my kids, besides telling them to keep, I show them how by keeping the toys myself. Kids like to "Monkeys see, monkeys do" when learning new stuff. but having said that, u must be patient initially. good habits have to start as young as possible. so keep repeating ur instructions with actions by u to let them follow. u will not go wrong from there.

I say gd morning to my kids every morning. now they will say that to me the first thing when they wake up without me telling them. but be careful of bad habits. dun let them see. they will also follow. there was once I used my toes to switch of the main switch on the wall socket instead of bending down using my hands. the next moment my kid followed. get what I mean?

ling.er

if he follow instructions, he will not be called a kid. well, for my kids, besides telling them to keep, I show them how by keeping the toys myself. Kids like to "Monkeys see, monkeys do" when learning new stuff. but having said that, u must be patient initially. good habits have to start as young as possible. so keep repeating ur instructions with actions by u to let them follow. u will not go wrong from there.

I say gd morning to my kids every morning. now they will say that to me the first thing when they wake up without me telling them. but be careful of bad habits. dun let them see. they will also follow. there was once I used my toes to switch of the main switch on the wall socket instead of bending down using my hands. the next moment my kid followed. get what I mean?

I agree.. My son was 13mth big nw. As i keep his toy in a small box which he can carry himself.. Sometime he will brin to us & when we open it he will throw all the toy out ... So wat we do is we 1 by 1 place it back the box then he will throw again.. he wanted to put back himself.. As he DID it.. But awhile he come n throw out again... Mayb son is too young for this.. Slowly will guild him thru...

Patient also important ... Anyway they are stil young ^^

Keep a good attitude and a routine schedule can help your child keep their room clean.

Put your child in control of putting his or her toys away after playing with them. Supply a toy chest, wicker baskets or plastic containers to store your child's toys

The more vibrant they are, the more often your child will want to use them. Be sure to put them in a place your child can get to easily. Be sure to have the child check under the bed for scattered items too. If it were me, I would tell my child there might be a monster under there one day if she didn't keep that area clean! But that's just me.

This is VERY important if you have more than one child sharing a room. Keep separate storage areas for each child sharing the room so nothing will get mixed up in the cleaning process. It will also help to reduce arguments about who's toys are who's, and who's going to play with them, and what will end up happening to them.