how to use a slow cooker

hi all,

thinking of getting a slow cooker to cook my baby porridge, but don't know which brand better. And also don't really know how to use it. As thinking of cooking in the morning,then bring baby go out, then by the time i reach home in the afternoon, baby porridge is ready. Hope someone can give some advise.

Phyllis15

hi,

using a slow cooker depends very much on the amount of porridge, the amount of water and duration. For me, is one flat table spoon of rice to one full rice bowl of hot water - cook for 3 - 4 hours. Hope it helps.

hi,

using a slow cooker depends very much on the amount of porridge, the amount of water and duration. For me, is one flat table spoon of rice to one full rice bowl of hot water - cook for 3 - 4 hours. Hope it helps.
Hi Phyllis,

Thanks the info is very helpful, btw should i turn the slow cooker to auto mode or high heat mode?

apollo

hi all,

thinking of getting a slow cooker to cook my baby porridge, but dont't know which brand better. And also dont't really know how to use it. As thinking of cooking in the morning,then bring baby go out, then by the time i reach home in the afternoon, baby porridge is ready. Hope someone can give some advise.
i'm using one which is quite cheap, quite small size, enough to cook for 2 kids portion. i think selling @ 19.90 at NTUC xtra.

usually i will put the rice and water into the slow cooker 3-4hrs b4 ds' meal time. b4 serving, i will put the ingredient lik fish, vege, meat, homemade stocks into the pot and leave it for 10min, den off the switch. =)

Phyllis15

auto mode means high heat for 2 hours and the rest of the duration is low heat..... i personally use low heat so that the porridge won't dry up. If too watery, just heat up with pot on fire to evaporate the liquid....

auto mode means high heat for 2 hours and the rest of the duration is low heat..... i personally use low heat so that the porridge won't dry up. If too watery, just heat up with pot on fire to evaporate the liquid....
oic. will try it out as soon as i got the pot. still thinking of whether to get the takahi brand or the toyomi one. Thanks alot for the useful information.

diymummy

I bought the Takahi brand with Auto and High modes. Usually on High mode, it takes abt 1hr-1.5hr to finish cooking porridge (ie, raw rice + hot water). On Auto mode, I could leave it to cook thru the night or for longer periods like 3-4hrs.

I bought the Takahi brand with Auto and High modes. Usually on High mode, it takes about 1hr-1.5hr to finish cooking porridge (ie, raw rice + hot water). On Auto mode, I could leave it to cook thru the night or for longer periods like 3-4hrs.
thought of getting this brand too. As its known brand for slow cooker. there is also lucky or toyomu brand, but don't know reliable or not. thinking of getting the 0.7L one. to cook porridge for my baby. 4 hours will be sufficient for my to come back home with a nice cook porridge.