How to wash baby's hair when he's sitting in bathtub?

marshmallows

Hi mummies :)

I used to bathe my boy in those bathtub which can let him lay down at a 45 degree angle position and I could easily shampoo and wash his hair. Now nearing 8 months old he knows how to and WANTS to sit up in the bathtub, how to wash off the shampoo huh? He hates water dripping down his face and will cry loudly.

My mum told me no need to specifically foam up his hair. Just drip some body wash into the water and use a washcloth to wash his hair will do. Err but my boy perspires alot, if don't shampoo his hair his head will be smelly leh :p

Would like to hear how you mummies do it. Thanks in advance! :)

same same! ever since she learn to sit at 5+6mths, she doesnt like me to hold her down lying, now turning 10mths, i used to let her lie on my lap while i hold her head and wash her hair, mustbe damn fast cos end up she will move abt and wet me! but now im trying to let her get use water touching her face, she love water, wouldnt cry if water touch her face but like to put her tongue out ! :embarrassed: so i always prepare another small pail of water, once foam her hair, faster rinse and use a small towel to clean dry her face, must train her if not cannot bath under shower head next time. haha!

Amulet

i will just carry her in the football position, wash her hair before letting her sit in the bathtub..

marshmallows

Thanks mummies. I can't hold him in football position since he turned 5 months old cos he will struggle and wriggle non-stop, and my wrist nearly broke :)

Well I guess he has to get used to having water wetting his face then. Will keep him botak for a few months more, easier to wash hehe!

AngieTan

I bought a bathing cap to prevent water from dripping down his face so fast as he'll end up drinking all the soap water... But still will leak but slow flow...

However, my son don't like to wear things over his head since young so he kept removing the cap when I was pouring water down from the top... Quite problematic but have to work fast and try to hold his hands down but he will get so mad! Lol! But it's better than nothing lah...

He's 11 months plus now by the way...