How to wean off toddler

I breastfed my son when I was expecting the 2nd one. My gynae gave the green light although I was losing weight in the first 20 weeks as the foetus was growing well. I breastfed until I was about 30-32 weeks along and stopped because that was when I was getting a lot more contractions and by 32 weeks, I started dilating. Eventually, I was monitored closely for the next 3 weeks and my 2nd kid was born at 35 weeks.

Not sure if the breastfeeding had to do with the preterm labour. My gynae didn't think so since it's true many moms breastfeed throughout their pregnancies with no problem. I was not eating very well for most part of the pregnancy which I thought probably contributed a larger part to the preterm labour.

With this 3rd pregnancy, I've been eating better and gaining weight more normally. But since my girl is 2 years old, it's really quite ok to wean her off - although I'm sure she would still like to latch on. But can still bond with her in other ways and like you said, it's no longer comfortable to keep it up. Can keep talking to your little girl :) My son helped to explain to the sister that mommy's having a baby so the doctor said no more milk! And she listened to him too! Haha! :)
Im expecting my 3rd one too :) your son is so smart in trying to explain to the sister. Up till now i still give to my girl bt trying to slow talk

Many mothers breastfeed their babies or toddlers through pregnancy and it is safe to do so unless the mother has had miscarriages in the past. It doesn't induce labour because the levels of oxytocin released while breastfeeding is very little. Sexual intercourse actually releases a lot more oxytocin than breastfeeding, but does that stop women from doing it while pregnant? :)

Apparently the sore nipples ease off after a while for some women. I'm not sure because my son weaned himself halfway through pregnancy...I wish so much he could have continued up to today, and he would be helping me with my engorgement now!! I tried to get him to latch on but he has forgotten how...and that was only 4 months since he weaned! :(
Initially my gynae said it was ok to continue bfeeding but later changed her mind n said that it's best to stol since some women experience contractions. But so far i dun experience that. However i did hv to miscarriages prior to conceiving my eldest child. Not sure if she wants me to stop coz of that.

Didnt know that sexual intercourse releases more oxytocin ;). Good info