How to wean off ur kids's pacifier??

jaclyn13

My boy 2.5 yrs old still take pacificer. When he @ Hm, he suck when watching tv cam whole day suck not jus nite time sleeping time. How to let him dun take it n how old ur kids didn't take pacificer??
I tried cut a hole n no use. I put chili once, he ask me to wash away! Headache! No gd to take pacificer as no gd fir his growing teeth.

Last edited:
I weaned my daughter off her pacifier after her 2nd birthday. I started by only allowing her to use it when she took her nap and went to bed at night. No pacifier otherwise. Even when she cried I said no. If she wanted it, she had to lie down and sleep. When we go out I tried to distract her with anything else. Took awhile but after she got use to this, I took her pacifier away during her afternoon nap. I told her pacifier was only for night. She screamed and cried till she fell asleep. After the 4th day she just accepted it. A few weeks later I took away her pacifier completely. I told her it was dirty and I had to wash it. Again lots of screaming and crying but by than she kinda more accepting. She screamed more as a defiant thing but a few nights later she was sleeping without a pacifier. Some nights would be tougher than others but I stood my grounds.

jaclyn13

But i hve #2 n he didn't take pacificer n is 8 mth old. Both of them slp with me. If nite time, I dun give. My #2 will suffer can't slp as his bro shout or cry for pacificer. He outside he okie. Onli, @ Hm he want it. Sumtime, I scold him when he being naughty after tat he will wanhis pacificer.

I have number 2 as well. At that time my 2nd girl was 6mths old. No choice. Start by not giving pacifier when active during day. Slowly work from there.

ling.er

Im goin to wean off my son pacifer as well.. But he was 1 year old.. I was thinking izit too early or shall i slowly start from nw???

Day time i duno MIL gt give him anot. But mostly when he goin to slp he sure need his pacifer. Once he fall aslp he will auto drop out from his mouth...

Mid night when he notice it gone he will make noise or start turning around lo.. Then my job come to put back for him.. again auto drop down when he fall aslp... Same to the afternoon but for nap once drop he nv look for it..

jaclyn13

Maybe shld start early to wean off. Cos my veri addicted, he is 30mths old. At nite, he oso halfway drop out the pacificer

My 2yr old on weekdays (in childcare) only gets his pacifier during nap. I donno how to sch did it but he doesnt ask for pacifier in sch at all. Night time after bath he wld want his pacifier. Cos he knows its time for sleep. Mid in the night wld spit out during his sleep. Till nxt morning. Some times when he doesnt sleep well either cos bad dreams or weather, he wld wake up whine a lil. Stuff the pacifier back into his mouth then he wld doze off back.
Weekends i kinda spoil him. Let him have his pacifier whenever he wants. But when he doesnt notice or focusing on other things will pull it out from his mouth n distract him at the same time. After some time when he's bored he wld ask for it again n i will give it to him again. Then remove it when he doesnt notice n so on.

So far still ok. His teeth r straight. His verbal skills r gd. No much problem. Whenever he talks i will pretend i cant understand him n asks him to remove his tutu n repeat himself wout the pacifier. He caught it pretty well now he knows he must take out tutu then can talk.
No intention to wean him off. As long as no big problems doesnt affect his growth n progress. I had mine till i went to pri sch. Went hm n throw it into the bin cos first day of sch everyone laughed at me. =P will start teaching him as he grows that he cld do wout it n let him decides himself when he wanna stop. Worst scenerio like me like that, go sch let pple laugh. I think ego wld make him auto say byebye to it.

raeka

I wean off my boy when we were out n his tutu bite till have hole. But I dunno then fr there he stop liaos.
No tutu liaos until he teethin again I gave him but once teething done I stop.
I tell him no tutu , tutu lost..
Lol it work . He's about 14-15 months.

When he see other children have tutu hd also want but I say u big boy liaos no need tutu. Tutu for bb only.
Haha he ok liaos..

My daughter is now 31 months. I just took her for her 1st dentist visit. He told me that he can detect a slight overbite and it is because of her sucking on her pacifier. I myself can't see this at all. The good news is, because I weaned her off it early enough, her teeth will straighten itself off. He say although sucking on pacifier is better than sucking on thumb, it is not good if the child still has a pacifier after the age of 2.5yrs.

don

Alpha Male
Hi, Jac..

Try buying the brand of pacifier.. Nuk Nuk.. it should wear off your kids on pacifier soon..
The design of Nuk Nuk has very short points.. kids will find it hard to take thus will give up soon..
Was recommended by my friend and it did wonders..

Hope it helps.

ling.er

Hi, Jac..

Try buying the brand of pacifier.. Nuk Nuk.. it should wear off your kids on pacifier soon..
The design of Nuk Nuk has very short points.. kids will find it hard to take thus will give up soon..
Was recommended by my friend and it did wonders..

Hope it helps.

I usin NUK pacifer for son... He seen like it lei.... Was thinkin to wean off when 18mth.... Nw sometime he saw he grab n put in mouth ..

Ting

i just ask my daughter to throw away the pacifier herself. iirc, i weaned her off abt 2yo or so. it only took me abt 1-2weeks and she nvr asked for her pacifier again.she was only on pacifier during nap and bedtime. so before i started, i just kept telling her only babies use pacifier, she is a big girl now, she shldnt use anymore. let her get used to that idea first. then one fine day i just told her she is a big girl now, she must STOP using the pacifier, so she shld throw it away. at first she threw it in the normal bin, after throwing, she went to dig it out again. so i asked her to throw down the rubbish chute. the first few days, she asked for it n i just kept reminding her each time she threw it away alr, and she is a big girl, so dont hv to use the pacifier. abt 1week plus later.. she nvr asked and totally forget the pacifier existence.

littlebum

I guess I am lucky like Ting too.

I weaned my girl off pacifier in about 1-2weeks when she was about 22mths old. She used it only when she wants to sleep. With help of teachers in her childcare, we told her that she is a big girl now and only babies use 'tutu'. We kept reminding her about this fact and thank god she listens. We then replaced the 'tutu' with milk before she goes to bed... think her mouth 'itchy'... must chew something then she will zzz...

Maybe you can try reasoning to your kid too? :001_302:

raeka

Maybe u can try to buy long type tutu . Once my nephew tried a long one n he nearly got choke then there after he wean off tutu.