how true is this?

my fren told me if expecting boy urine is light colour if gal is darker colour? how true is it n i notice there's a light brown line below my navel n is quite straight how come hve this line n will it fade off thanks...

hmm, i've never heard of this myth before. for me actually i find my urine dark in colour in the morning and light in the day. so i think it's hard to tell the gender based on that?

for the brown line all pregnant ladies will have that and it will disappear after we give birth.

DodoTan

Honestly, there is no proof that any unscienctific methods of 'guessing' the baby's gender works. Think about it; even if you randomly guess, you have a 50% chance of getting it right.

izanyzam

Actually the colour of your urine depends on what time of the day it is and also how much water you drink...The first pee that you have will normally result in a darker colour urine..As the day goes by,and as the more water you drink,the urine colour will become less darker coz your urine will be diluted.

Lighter colour urine means that your body is doing good coz its absorbing more of the nutrients from the food/water that you consume..But darker colored urine doesnt mean that you're sick..

For me,i noticed that most of my urine are lighter coloured and i am expecting a boy..So im not sure if the myth is true or not..!! Hehehe.

The dark line that appears below your navel is called a Line Nigra..Try to Google it..A site states that its caused by pigmentation in the skin where your abdominal muscles stretch and slightly separate, to accommodate your baby as it grows.Its perfectly normal and will disappear after giving birth.

i have not heard abt thid myth before too. but i can tell you for sure how to recognise the gender by looking at ur naval. IF YOU ARE EXPECTING BOY, UR NAVAL WILL BE ROUNDER AND WHEN U BROWSE THROUGH UR STOMACH WITH UR HAND SLIGHTLY U WILL FEEL UR NAVAL IS POPPED OUT.
IF U R EXPECTING A GIRL, UR NAVAL WILL BE AS NORMAL LIKE BEFORE PREGNANT. THE NAVAL AREA WILL NOT BE POPPED OUT. i know this from my mother. and its true actually.
:Dancing_tongue::Dancing_tongue::Dancing_tongue:

jasobias

hmm..maybe some truth to that.with my other 2 pregnancies with my boys my belly button did pop out abit.Now at 32 weeks preggers with a girl its still as normal.

Amulet

haha.. its myth..

dark color urine means u are not drinking enough water thats all~

i was drinking more than 3 litre of water whn i was preggy with my DD, my urine is always very light or clear in color..

Amulet

i have not heard about thid myth before too. but i can tell you for sure how to recognise the gender by looking at your naval. IF YOU ARE EXPECTING BOY, your NAVAL WILL BE ROUNDER AND WHEN you BROWSE THROUGH your STOMACH WITH your HAND SLIGHTLY you WILL FEEL your NAVAL IS POPPED OUT.
IF you are EXPECTING A GIRL, your NAVAL WILL BE AS NORMAL LIKE BEFORE PREGNANT. THE NAVAL AREA WILL NOT BE POPPED OUT. i know this from my mother. and its true actually.
nah~ my girlfriend is pregnant with girls twice, for both, her naval pop out like button.. but for me, although im carryin a girl too, my naval never even pop out..

Last edited:

Lin-12

i have not heard about thid myth before too. but i can tell you for sure how to recognise the gender by looking at your naval. IF YOU ARE EXPECTING BOY, your NAVAL WILL BE ROUNDER AND WHEN you BROWSE THROUGH your STOMACH WITH your HAND SLIGHTLY you WILL FEEL your NAVAL IS POPPED OUT.
IF you are EXPECTING A GIRL, your NAVAL WILL BE AS NORMAL LIKE BEFORE PREGNANT. THE NAVAL AREA WILL NOT BE POPPED OUT. i know this from my mother. and its true actually.
Haven heard of this myth before too. But this myth above is definitely not true. I personally experienced it. When im expecting my 1st child (ger), my stomach was round and my naval did popped out. Now im expecting my 2nd child (ger too), my stomach is very sharp and naval still popping out. Alot of pple say its boy this time round but my gynae has done umpteen times of scanning and he's very positive that this time is still a ger. Hence the myth is totally false.

bellerichez

my friend told me if expecting boy urine is light colour if gal is darker colour? how true is it and i notice there's a light brown line below my navel and is quite straight how come hve this line and will it fade off thanks...

Oh well, i've actually read it before. This is what the American beliefs in. I think this is the web where i read it from. They even believe that if you are carrying your baby high that means you are expecting a girl etc. Many many more. You can go to this web to read it out.

Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

pinkytham

no leh nt true for me...
i expecting a ger but my navel pop out

LoVeS

regarding the urine thingy i dun think is true coz when i am having my #1 which is a boy my urine color is same as during my #2 which is a girl~

Ting

gees, i nvr even notice what my urine colour is when i was preg.
anyways, i dun think these myths r accurate. some r just coincidential i believe.
best is to wait for the 5th mth n go ask your gynae. :)

bellerichez

Not true for me leh. I'm expecting a boy and my naval never popped out. I think it depends on how deep your naval is. If you got a shallow naval then it will popped out bah.