Hsg

mami2009

Hi,

Did anyone go for HSG? Was recommended to do HSG by a gynae.. how was it done & will there be any side effect after doing it?

Thanks for sharing.. ^_^

lawla12

Hi,

Did anyone go for HSG? Was recommended to do HSG by a gynae.. how was it done & will there be any side effect after doing it?

Thanks for sharing.. ^_^

there wont b side effects...

its a pre-pregnancy test...its a "100% guarantee" test which gynae will ask u to do it....

HSG is
The HSG test is a radiology procedure usually done in the radiology department of a hospital (or outpatient radiology facility). Radiographic contrast (dye) is injected into the uterine cavity through the vagina and cervix. The uterine cavity fills with dye and if the fallopian tubes are open the dye will fill the tubes and spill into the abdominal cavity.

This determines if the fallopian tubes are open or blocked and whether the blockage is located at the junction of the tube and uterus (proximal) or whether it is at the other end of the fallopian tube (distal). These are the areas where the tube is most commonly blocked. Very successful treatment for tubal factor infertility is available.

no worry abt it.....i've done mine too......usually, gynae will check on this (female), bloodtest to see ur homones n for the guys, they will check on the sperms (sperm count, mobility etc)......

juz tat u've to open ur legs wide wide while they insert the tube into ur private area...then they will insert the coloured dye in to check...u will b looking at the tv (screen)...u can see if the dye can "flow" or not etc....

mami2009

there wont b side effects...

its a pre-pregnancy test...its a "100% guarantee" test which gynae will ask you to do it....

HSG is
The HSG test is a radiology procedure usually done in the radiology department of a hospital (or outpatient radiology facility). Radiographic contrast (dye) is injected into the uterine cavity through the vagina and cervix. The uterine cavity fills with dye and if the fallopian tubes are open the dye will fill the tubes and spill into the abdominal cavity.

This determines if the fallopian tubes are open or blocked and whether the blockage is located at the junction of the tube and uterus (proximal) or whether it is at the other end of the fallopian tube (distal). These are the areas where the tube is most commonly blocked. Very successful treatment for tubal factor infertility is available.

no worry about it.....i've done mine too......usually, gynae will check on this (female), bloodtest to see your homones n for the guys, they will check on the sperms (sperm count, mobility etc)......

just that you've to open your legs wide wide while they insert the tube into your private area...then they will insert the coloured dye in to check...you will b looking at the tv (screen)...you can see if the dye can "flow" or not etc....
Hi lawla12,

Thanks so much for your info...have already booked this mon for the hsg.. am excited as well as anxious..can hubby go in together with me?? ;) are we able to know the result immediately or have to go back to gynae and get the report or they will just tell us (verbally)?

lawla12

Hi lawla12,

Thanks so much for your info...have already booked this mon for the hsg.. am excited as well as anxious..can hubby go in together with me?? ;) are we able to know the result immediately or have to go back to gynae and get the report or they will just tell us (verbally)?
can...u will know the results yaaaaa...

for the blood test, i tink u need to wait ....i rem mine is not yet ....

after the hsg test...gynae got suggest to take clomid yaaa...so i wait for my next AF cycle to come, then i visit her again...then she tell me abt the blood test results........

ur hubby got do any test ?

mami2009

can...you will know the results yaaaaa...

for the blood test, i tink you need to wait ....i rem mine is not yet ....

after the hsg test...gynae got suggest to take clomid yaaa...so i wait for my next AF cycle to come, then i visit her again...then she tell me about the blood test results........

your hubby got do any test ?
Yes..his SA test is ok accordingly to the gynae...so that why I intend to go for hsg to check if there's any thing blocked... hopefully everything is ok after the hsg..