Hyperemesis gravidarum anyone?

Qookie

"...Hyperemesis gravidarum literally means 'excessive vomiting in pregnancy'. Hyperemesis starts early, usually before week five of pregnancy. It may lessen as you enter the second trimester. In a few women it may last your whole pregnancy. Fortunately that’s unusual, especially if you get help and treatment early on..."

Anyone experienced this? Care to share how you managed to cope? Someone very dear to me is going through this now and i would like to get some advice from moms here (because obviously i can't ask Kate Middleton! Haha).

She pukes many many times a day (like maybe 15 times) and whatever she eats gets regurgitated. She has been admitted to the hospital once, to be put on a drip. When she's back home, everything is back to normal. She has been to her GP and gynae. But somehow nothing works! :(

Thanks! :)

kimitsusei

mine was bad for 1st kid. i had to munch dry crackers, take sips of 100-PLUS isotonic drinks, etc... the moment i woke from bed. hubby stored lots milo packet drinks for me in fridge. i drank a packet, before going to sleep at night.

cannot sleep on empty stomach. take some sweet fluids like iced lemon tea also can try.

one thing is important too: get her to take her daily prenatal vitamins after food everyday if possible. a doctor once said that the nutrients inside the prenatal vitamins actually helps lessen the morning sickness. i did not believe this, until i tried it for the 1st trimester of my 2nd pregnancy. quite true.

Last edited:

Qookie

Thanks for the advice.

She's still puking badly. Now even have specks of blood in her puke! Gynae says it's a tear in her oesophagus.

I never knew it could be sooo bad!