I am not handling my boy well enough...

Cherry Wu

Hi mummies!

I am 29 this year and got a boy of age 7.

Not sure if it's because of my age, or is it too late to say that I'm not mentally prepare when I am pregnant.

I am the kind of mummy that use to shout and cane when comes to coaching. However, things does improve a little bit since my boy is 7 this year, old enough to voice out his displeasure. I threw away the cane, tried to reason with him when things goes wrong. However, I am still quick and hot tempered.

Was wondering if it's because of my influence, he is impatient and like to throw tantrum at times when he does not get his way. Yesterday, before i left him at my mother's place for work, I told him to complete the tuition assignment and after that, I will bring him out. Called once to check on him and he mentioned that he had completed everything. When i came back, it was done halfway. He promised me he would complete it when we're back.

Upon reaching home, he took out his work to do as promised, but started to show attitude while trying to complete his work fast. I checked through and make him correct some of the error he made. He began raising his voice and showing his displeasure. I had been controlling myself from the moment I knew the work was not done till I finally blurted out F*** you in his face and throwing the book at him.

Frankly speaking, I did not feel a tiny bit of guilty, but just feel weird. I knew it was very wrong of me but I just can't bring myself to apologise ( or should i apologise?). I raised my voice and started to point out my unhappiness for him not completing his work but I still bring him out.

Dear mummies, sometimes I find it really hard to control my emotions. I'm that kinda person that needs to vent it out. Cos of my boy's academic, I quit my job to coach him and at times, i am wondering if it's a good decision thinking that it might strain my r/s with him as more times are spent tigether. He appeared to not respect me nowadays, i realised.

I am planning to go back work next year.

What should i do? My spouse always put the blame on me whenever i mentioned on incidents that I can't handle my boy.

lonerjas

Hi mummies!

I am 29 this year and got a boy of age 7.

Not sure if it's because of my age, or is it too late to say that I'm not mentally prepare when I am pregnant.

I am the kind of mummy that use to shout and cane when comes to coaching. However, things does improve a little bit since my boy is 7 this year, old enough to voice out his displeasure. I threw away the cane, tried to reason with him when things goes wrong. However, I am still quick and hot tempered.

Was wondering if it's because of my influence, he is impatient and like to throw tantrum at times when he does not get his way. Yesterday, before i left him at my mother's place for work, I told him to complete the tuition assignment and after that, I will bring him out. Called once to check on him and he mentioned that he had completed everything. When i came back, it was done halfway. He promised me he would complete it when we're back.

Upon reaching home, he took out his work to do as promised, but started to show attitude while trying to complete his work fast. I checked through and make him correct some of the error he made. He began raising his voice and showing his displeasure. I had been controlling myself from the moment I knew the work was not done till I finally blurted out F*** you in his face and throwing the book at him.

Frankly speaking, I did not feel a tiny bit of guilty, but just feel weird. I knew it was very wrong of me but I just can't bring myself to apologise ( or should i apologise?). I raised my voice and started to point out my unhappiness for him not completing his work but I still bring him out.

Dear mummies, sometimes I find it really hard to control my emotions. I'm that kinda person that needs to vent it out. Cos of my boy's academic, I quit my job to coach him and at times, i am wondering if it's a good decision thinking that it might strain my r/s with him as more times are spent tigether. He appeared to not respect me nowadays, i realised.

I am planning to go back work next year.

What should i do? My spouse always put the blame on me whenever i mentioned on incidents that I can't handle my boy.
if u need someone to talk to can pm me.. i roughly know what u r goin thru, i have the same issues.