I Can Read System

mumsietay

Hi, need some feedback from people who have sent their kids to I Can Read classes. Am wondering if it is stressful for a 3.5 year old kiddo?

Piggymum

Hello, my girl has been with ICR since abt 3 yr old. No stress in this age as there is no homework and serious reading. They will be taught the basic phonic sounds, mini public speaking in class etc. The child will be promoted to next level once ready. i,e. from Thinking & Creative skill (TCS) to Prep-reading class then to I Can Read class.

The stress comes when the child is in ICR class where there is written homework and daily reading to do. There is also spelling each week but once the child is familiar with the blending sounds, no need to learn spelling by hard. I must say that the system is very good. The child is able to blend and read a brand new word. What i don't like is the child will end up reading whole lot of words without understand what do they mean. It's also stressful on me cos i work full time. hardly have chance to do the daily reading with her.

mumsietay

Thanks for the feedback. Goodness me...i was actually hoping that i will not have to read to her anymore once she learns how to read. It's really tough being a working mother. :p

michellechin

Hi Piggymum,
May I know how much is the fee for 3+ kids' lesson? Monthly or semester? What improvement or goodness did you observe from sending ur kid to ICR? Thks!

supermum

Hello, my girl has been with ICR since abt 3 yr old. No stress in this age as there is no homework and serious reading. They will be taught the basic phonic sounds, mini public speaking in class etc. The child will be promoted to next level once ready. i,e. from Thinking & Creative skill (TCS) to Prep-reading class then to I Can Read class.

The stress comes when the child is in ICR class where there is written homework and daily reading to do. There is also spelling each week but once the child is familiar with the blending sounds, no need to learn spelling by hard. I must say that the system is very good. The child is able to blend and read a brand new word. What i don't like is the child will end up reading whole lot of words without understand what do they mean. It's also stressful on me cos i work full time. hardly have chance to do the daily reading with her.

Which branch of ICR that you had sent your girl.:Dancing_wub:

angicmon

hi

my gal,3.5yr old enrolled in ICR this jun in the TCS class,she enjoys the class soooo much n simply adores the teacher! in TCS, no stress at all. she attended this class for a term and is currently in the pre-reading class and she jus attended the first class,so far so gd,she loves the new teacher too! this class has simple homework to do, takes about 15 mins or so. i m a working mummy so i think the hmwk load is still manageable.

i am quite impressed by the caring teachers and their spoken English. i m a sec sch english teacher myself,hahaha, but still think a gd phonics class is gd for developing a child's confidence in reading and speaking.

i would recommend this reading system but do bear in mind that diff centres have different teachers. do some homework n check them out,n bring your child to the sit-in session first.

hope my feedback helps :notworthy: