"I can read" vs Kumon

supermum

I find that I Can Read at Goldhill, the teachers are quite professional. Basically my girl enjoyed her lesson there and she is able to do her reading now.

You can go for a trail lesson and see your children like it or not. If your children does not like the school or the teacher, your child will not be interest to learn. I always believe school environment is very important for learning.:Dancing_wub:

hi bums this thread again...

may i know, Does the Centre can accept young children? how young they can accept?

thanks in advance.

MsKoh1973

think about 3 yo + can joined I C R liao, they have this creative and thinking class for the very young ones. Assessment would be done after 1 to 2 term to see if the child can move to the next level.

My 5 yo girl was there abt 1year + liao, think late last year she move on the the Preliminary learning or something like tat.

Recently they told me my gal can do assessment and move to the ICR level one, actually how good is it, I oso dun noe. But the fees per term is fixed at $496 regardless of level.

I recently oso sign up my 5 yo girl for phonics at Kent Ridge Tutor at TPY, thinking of withdrawing from either KRT or ICR, but really difficult to decide which one to give up............

yvonnemommy

We used Kumon for a while. The other one, I don’t know. Kumon did give us a surprise at the beginning. It helped my child in reading skills. But over time, the benefit is no longer that visible and we feel more pressure on its monthly bills. Then we accepted the advice from our neighbor, and started to do the worksheets on Beestar (Beestar.org - Math and Reading for Kids). To my surprise, DD enjoys them very much. The reading worksheets are full of interesting stories, vivid pictures, about all real life word problems, challenging stuff to help kids thinking. Plus, I also don’t have to drive her to kumon.
Lisa