I need advise on Potty Training

My Son is now 17 mths old and I am starting to potty train him.

He is not able to talk yet, can only say a few words like papa, mama, shit shit shit. And when he is hungry, he will use his finger to point to my mouth. I try putting him sit on a potty, but he can sit there even for 1 min. And he is curious with everything. Instead of sitting on the potty.. he will pull the potty out from his buttock and play with it.

Yesterday was the first day that I start on potty training. I let him diaperless. and tell him that is he wants to pee or poo he has to go to the toilet.

The first time, he did pee on the toilet. (not sure if he understand my instruction or was it coincidence)
The second time, he pees near the window. (then i scold him and beat him). And remind him that he has to tell me when he pee.
The third time, I was having my nap and he happily come to me peeing. I couldn;t bring myself to scold him seeing him happily coming to me.

How can I get him to indicate that he wants to pee or poo?

Thanks in advance

thepinkdot

My Son is now 17 mths old and I am starting to potty train him.

He is not able to talk yet, can only say a few words like papa, mama, shit shit shit. And when he is hungry, he will use his finger to point to my mouth. I try putting him sit on a potty, but he can sit there even for 1 min. And he is curious with everything. Instead of sitting on the potty.. he will pull the potty out from his buttock and play with it.

Yesterday was the first day that I start on potty training. I let him diaperless. and tell him that is he wants to pee or poo he has to go to the toilet.

The first time, he did pee on the toilet. (not sure if he understand my instruction or was it coincidence)
The second time, he pees near the window. (then i scold him and beat him). And remind him that he has to tell me when he pee.
The third time, I was having my nap and he happily come to me peeing. I couldn;t bring myself to scold him seeing him happily coming to me.

How can I get him to indicate that he wants to pee or poo?

Thanks in advance
he can't even talk much.. how do u want him to communicate with you??? aren't you rushing a little for potty training? by scolding and beating him, you're not gonna achieve anything with him.

try waiting a little more.. when they are ready, potty training would be a breeze.