I need help

ellyeun

My 4months old boy refuse to drink milk at all... each time we have to make him sleep before we put the milk bottle into his mouth.
This is the only way he will drink his milk. He will take 180ml during his "dream feed" that's every 3hours.

Started on weaning last week, by PD advise since he detest milk so much...
Any one have any solutions?
It's so tedious to make him sleep and dream feed him every 3hours.. It's like feed time becomes his sleep time...

heLp anyone?!??!?!?!?

MsKoh1973

Last time my girl also like that, she hates milk (dear husband young also like that), think she 3 months still drinking like 60-80 ml, but at nite, she cried, every 3 hrly had to wake up to feed her, tats why I usally sleep about 12 mn, so can give her first feed, then wake up at 3am and then 6 am, even after she stopped doing that after she 3 yo, it was already a habit to wake up during the nite for me.

but my girl loved solid, think we introduced solid to her when she was like 6-7M, she can finish one big bowl all by herself, until her infant care teacher told us not to let her eat so much cos in case her stomach over stretched. But she would cry if she know that that pot of porridge you cooked for her but you never give all to her (she very possessive, so we had to hide food fr her). Or when we tear abit of bread fr a big bun, we cannot let her see it, otherwise, she would want to finish the big bun all by herself. Buay tahan.

when she started on solid, she still continued to waked up every nite ....

Even till now, at 6 yo, she still dont like milk, will try her very best to escape if possible, every nite always try to come out w diff excuses, like too full , like stomach pain etc.

Now, my girl usually sleeps abt 10+ or 11, she couldn't sleep unless I lay down beside her. But once she fall alseep, nothing can wake her up liao, all the way to morning. Even now I tried to toilet train her at nite, super difficult, cos she got no feeling even if wet ... dun noe wat to say, so I have to adjust alarm clock and wake up twice in the nite to bring her to toilet (cos she only response to my voice at nite, so even alarm or DH won't help. I even recorded my voice on hp as alarm, but after a while, she immune to it again).

So not to worry, u r not alone.

Last edited:

ellyeun

Last time my girl also like that, she hates milk (dear husband young also like that), think she 3 months still drinking like 60-80 ml, but at nite, she cried, every 3 hrly had to wake up to feed her, tats why I usally sleep about 12 mn, so can give her first feed, then wake up at 3am and then 6 am, even after she stopped doing that after she 3 yo, it was already a habit to wake up during the nite for me.

but my girl loved solid, think we introduced solid to her when she was like 6-7M, she can finish one big bowl all by herself, until her infant care teacher told us not to let her eat so much cos in case her stomach over stretched. But she would cry if she know that that pot of porridge you cooked for her but you never give all to her (she very possessive, so we had to hide food fr her). Or when we tear abit of bread fr a big bun, we cannot let her see it, otherwise, she would want to finish the big bun all by herself. Buay tahan.

when she started on solid, she still continued to waked up every nite ....

Even till now, at 6 yo, she still dont like milk, will try her very best to escape if possible, every nite always try to come out w diff excuses, like too full , like stomach pain etc.

Now, my girl usually sleeps about 10+ or 11, she couldn't sleep unless I lay down beside her. But once she fall alseep, nothing can wake her up , all the way to morning. Even now I tried to toilet train her at nite, super difficult, cos she got no feeling even if wet ... dont know what to say, so I have to adjust alarm clock and wake up twice in the nite to bring her to toilet (cos she only response to my voice at nite, so even alarm or dear husband won't help. I even recorded my voice on hp as alarm, but after a while, she immune to it again).

So not to worry, you r not alone.
Thanks mskoh.. isnt it very tediou???s.. i started only rice ceral as he's just 4months.will mix with carrots and pumpkins...he likes them a lot.... but i think baby still needs milk for all the calcium and all.... every milk feed is a battle... how to make him drink till he's few years old...... -_-

MsKoh1973

Thanks mskoh.. isnt it very tediou???s.. i started only rice ceral as he's just 4months.will mix with carrots and pumpkins...he likes them a lot.... but i think baby still needs milk for all the calcium and all.... every milk feed is a battle... how to make him drink till he's few years old...... -_-
Ya, I notice my girl size is abit smaller, but still consider average. Compared to my niece of same age, my niece she loves milk, dun even like to take solid, tats why she dun chew, can't even talk properly when she was 3 yo, she only drink milk most of d time, become super big size, think then she was abt 18kg.

After she went childcare, couldn't eat cos nobody feed her, so loss abit of weight, but later on, she get use to it and start to eat, now she talk well liao. Doc say cos she drink alot of milk, reject solid, not enough chewing, tats why her jaw not develop, so can't speak well. Last time when she talk, only my girl can understand her bb language, hahahahah.

Besides my niece, notice some of my colleague and fren's child who r on alot of milk oso quite big size.

But compared to my niece, my girl abit short, tat's why I oso try to force her to drink milk, but now she at CC, only morning drink cos CC refuse to make milk for us. Then now at nite cos toilet train, so no let her drink milk liao.

my fren told me to give her milk chocolate, but I scare, cos my girl once heaty will fall sick.

Now I am experimenting bread making, thinking of putting her milk powder inside, so she oso can take "alternative" besides drinking it. hahahahahah

Last time I stay only with DH, then he on shift, sometimes only I alone at home at nite, still have to wake up and make milk, v v cham

So Jia You

canaMum

Hi my baby also like that since 3 motnhs old, or i can say worse, usual intake 120ml which already less compare to her peers suddenly reduce to only 30-40ml then will wail&cry, that miserable amount of milk can last her for 5hours! I change the teats and add holes for faster flow (using Farlin punch bought at kiddy palace), it helps a bit. at the end of frustation we bring her to PD, check on her and see everything okay, she is not teething yet even she drolls a lot.
PD gives probiotic - biogaia to balance good bacteria thus can increase her appetite, til now can see improvement already, she start solid at 6 months and still taking milk as normal.

Pinkliciouz

My son also went through a phase like that at 4 months, his weight became quite stagnant and we were so worried. That's why I started his cereal from 4months... We tried changing his formula and we tried about 3 brands before finding the 1 that he's good with.

If you are afraid your kid is not taking enough milk, then you add milk into all his meals. I add milk into his cereal, carrot, avocado... Only porridge I didn't put any milk but I know there are online recipes teaching mothers how to cook milk porridge. But right now, your son is too young for any food except for rice cereal and avocado. Can try ORGANIX, their cereal not bad. Avocado is very good because it contains a lot of fat which babies need.

My son refuse the bottle and only takes whatever we feed so we spoon feed his milk. Everytime we make milk and he refuse, we pour into bowl and feed. I know a lot of friends whose kids refuse milk do the same thing. IS VERY TEDIOUS but no choice. Gradully, he just grow out of that phase and starts taking milk from bottle again.

Sometimes when I make milk and he refuse, then I add in cereal, or vanilla custard or try to use the milk that he refuse into another food and get him to eat it. This way I know he is taking milk but not in liquid form. I add on by feeding water cos once babies on solid, better to take a little water.

I gave him a variety of cereal so that he won't be bored with his cereal but every new food I introduce, has to be at least for a week cos you must observe whether he's allergic to it.

Also, if you feed and he don't take, maybe "change hands" lah... Or leave him in a room with only that particular person to feed cos sometimes they are very playful, so they rather play than drink milk... Don't worry, it's a phase a lot of babies go through, just have to be patient and keep trying different methods to feed... Spoon feed lah, mix with food lah... Make him bored and feed lah...

My son is 7 months now but he also don't take milk if he sees more than 2 person around. He must be alone with the maid before he drinks milk and if we are out of the house, it is a chore to feed him lor. Usualy we feed him only in the car cos he is stuck and has nothing to see..