Ideal pump

mummie90

Hi mummies! I'm a new mum to be and this is just my 2nd post. the first post helped me decide what to buy. and now it's back to breast pump as i've not check them in my list.

I've been busy reading about pumps but I am keen to know the preferable pump for travel or work.

I was thinking of manual pump...are there mothers here still using the manual pump? they say very minimal parts but requires a energy.
is it advisable to buy an electric plus a manual pump esp when traveling and in the office working?

missyqiqi

hi, actually i recommed electric pump espcially if u r working coz electric pump is a lot faster compare to manual. I have heard some mommies said they took about 30mins to pump, so i don't think u want to go missing for working for at least 30 mins.

I bought medela electric pump (after my hubby done his research), I bought dual, coz my sister if u only pump one side the other side will tend to leak. So quite wasteful. My sister also bought the medela dual pump but we bought different model. Only thing about this brand, is quite ex, but we bought from amazon.com which is more then 60-70% cheaper then singapore just that no warrenty (warrenty only covers manufacturing defects).

U can just go to amazon and read the reviews on medela pump, for local there is avent preast pump and pigeon breast pump. u can google for the reviews, will still advise u to go for electric since u will be travelling and/or back to office in working because the pumping time really helps alot!

soapsoap

u might wan to consider avent breast pump, it can be both manual and eletrical one, so u don need to buy 2.

i prefer to use manual cos it faster and eletrical can really clear my breast

piggie

Hi mummies! I'm a new mum to be and this is just my 2nd post. the first post helped me decide what to buy. and now it's back to breast pump as i've not check them in my list.

I've been busy reading about pumps but I am keen to know the preferable pump for travel or work.

I was thinking of manual pump...are there mothers here still using the manual pump? they say very minimal parts but requires a energy.
is it advisable to buy an electric plus a manual pump esp when traveling and in the office working?

Mummie90,

I am currently using the Calypso dual electrical pump by ARDO. Expressing both sides takes me approx 10mins to collect my usual amount of 120ml from both boobs.

If you are thinking of bringing it around for work and travel, the electrical pump should be more ideal as it save a lot of time as compared to manual pumping. If you are worried about having no electrical supply, the pump that I am using can also run on 6 AA batteries.

Ideally should pump both sides at once, else if you pump one side, the other boob might leak milk and lead to wastage..

happy searching! welcome to mummies club!:001_302::001_302:

jessmummy

im using pump in style advanced at work, 15mins chop chop pumped my usual 150ml. only con is that its very heavy to lug thru and fro everyday

piggie

im using pump in style advanced at work, 15mins chop chop pumped my usual 150ml. only con is that its very heavy to lug thru and fro everyday
Jessmummy,
How long is ur interval between pumps to get 150 ml?
I was able to get like 120ml every 2-3hrs.. But suddenly my supply dipped.. I can get at most 80-100ml every 2hrs..
Now baby feeding 120ml per feed... So v stressed