Im pregnant again just after 4 mths of giving birth~..help pls..

NanaHan

hi mummies, i just had my no 2 boy, 1st March this year. My elder boy is turning 5 yrs old this year. We were trying so hard to have a 2nd baby since my 1st born. Thankfully given birth after almost 4 yrs of trying. Now, I just found out im pregnant again. im soo scared and lost. Dont know if I should keep or ...

Any of you mummies experience the same as me before?..How and when did you break the news to your employer? What was their reaction?..Now having my 2nd, my MIL is helping to take care of my baby as she had hired a maid. So the maid is juggling between the house chores and taking care of my baby. Well let say 80% is spend on my baby coz he'a the type who would cry and shout for people to carry him and walk around and hardly sleeps in the day.

Now with my 3rd, I just dont know how to break the news to my parents, in laws, employer and also will we ever afford to hire a maid if this baby comes. I heard hiring a maid is pretty costly and me n hubby are just average income earners.

I really appreciate if any kind mummies could share their experience. Thanks!

Joeychen85

Although I did not have any experience on tis.. But i did hope to have 2nd bb .. As I just give birth on June.. but I will suggest u to kip d bb , no matter wat.. Bb is 无辜的.. Notin is wrong wif pregnant again.. Just tel them ur pregnant lo.. N I heard tat actually after give birth .. Wif in a yr is very easy to pregnant again.. I heard tat actually maid nt tat exp.. Is jus d paper work exp.. After tat mthly pay is below $800-$1000... Or lesser.. U can go test market .. Check around den hire.. U might find cheapest 1.. : ) anw congrats to u ..

izanyzam

Hi sis..let me share with u my personal experiences & views..

I have a 32month old boy born in nov 2009..My 2nd boy aged 14months old was born last yr May 2011..And i hv a 3month old baby girl born in April tis year..I conceived my 3rd baby just 2months after i gave birth to my 2nd one..

I literally cried wen i first found out that i was pregnant for the third time..i remember holding d pregnancy kit in one hand while crying and hugging my then 2month old boy.. :(

Hubby was happy wen he got the news..Saying that its a blessing and we must welcome it with open arms..he reminded me of how devastated i was wen i went thru 2 consecutive miscarriages before i finally conceived my 1st son..

The first words dat came out from my boss's mouth was.."How many children u want ah..??"..and other ppl's reaction were also negative..they commented on hw close the age gap of my children will be and how tiring it is to take care of 3 very young kids..and why i never did my family planning..Of course at first i felt hurt by their remarks but slowly ive turned a deaf ear and got over their insensitivity towards me..

I had to hire a maid to help me take care of my kids when i'm at work..but wen i'm at home,she will do d housework while i attend to my kids..although me & hubby are middle-income wagers,we have no choice but to hire a helper..i cannot depend on my side of the family as my own mum has passed away..and both my MIL & FIL are still working..my maid arrived just 9 days before i delivered my 3rd baby but thank God she settled down & adapted quite easily..

Honestly it is very overwhelming and tiring taking care of 3 children all below the age of 4..esp wen my 2 boys throws their tantrums while my baby girl wants to be carried..there are days wen i feel like i cant even get up in the morning..proper sleep no longer exists in my life..haahaa..!! And although i hv a helper,she doesnt work 24hours a day so i still take care of my kids at night for their milk feeds..and most of the time,my kids insist that Mummy must bathe them or feed them etc etc..

The things that keeps me going is d fact that since my 3 kids' age gap are closer,they will literally grow up together..reaching their milestones within a few weeks of each other's..I'm also thankful that at age 30,i already have 3 kids..and at this age,i still hv the energy to carry or chase after my energetic boys..!!Now i "suffer" wen i go out..with a huge diaper bag heavily loaded with diapers & milk..pushing around a stroller..but 5 years down the road,i'll be able to sway around with just a small bag (i hope..!!) :D

And about ppl's negative reactions and hurtful remarks,i have learnt to "block" them out..Reminding myself that this is my life and i chose to take responsibilty for my decisions..

So my dear please please accept this blessing given to you..it will be tough at first but you will get the hang of it..Just be strong and patient..A life,no matter how small,it is still precious..!!! :)

I wish u the best of health dearie..!! You can always PM me if you need a listening "ear"..heeheee..!!

jollyy

As i think you shouldn't give birth to this one cause, you gave birth to a child just 4months ago,. so it can cause health problems.

lynnliew

I was also preggy (wif my 2nd 1) when the first one is 4mths old........ my 2nd one is very healthy too.
If i'm u...i'lll def keep the baby......... its a life! & furthermore not everyone is bless wif children........treasure wad is given to u!
If you have the will.... there is def a way :)

chjean

A child is a gift to treasure. You have been blessed so many times, quite a lot of people want also cannot have no matter how hard they try.. So, u must be and can be determined. By the way, congrats, and like what yr hubby said, must welcome with open arms!!!

izanyzam

Yes my 3rd baby was born very very healthy...she came out weighing 4.22kg...!!! And unlike my previous 2 pregnancies wen i had high blood pressure & gestational diabetes,my 3rd pregnancy was smooth-sailing..no morning sickness..no high blood..no diabetes..juz a lot of cravings..haahaa..!! So YES i conceived my 3rd baby just 2months after giving birth to my 2nd baby and i did NOT have any health problems..!! :D

felicity

yes the baby is a gift. keep it! it will be a decision you won't regret, while the alternative may deprive you of a good night's slp for the rest of your life... (well, i think)

if given a choice (baby healthy and all), who would want to take away the rights of living from another being, esp one that is so helpless, what's more, your own flesh and blood?

all the best with your babies!! :)

I agree with the rest. It is indeed a blessing. Some people may be insensitive and say that the gap is too close, who is going to care...blah blah...turn a deaf ear. My friend was like you. She returned from her 1st maternity only discover she's pregnant with the 2nd. Came back after 2nd maternity and discovered she was pregnant with 3rd (this time she did use protection).

Despite whatever people say, she carried on with the pregnancy. She had a relative care for her youngest and put her maid there to care for the 2nd while she sent her eldest to the childcare. Now all three are in childcare already.

Having children is a blessing. Don't bother about the negativities.

i feel that you should keep this baby.
because it is a life, and you should cherish it... the Child is Innocent..

like what others said, it is a Gift to you.....No matter how difficult, try your best to keep it...

your boss and your company are not going to love you, no matter how well you performed.
but your kid will forever be your kid... he love you....

I just been through a miscarriage.... and i know the feeling of losing a child....Don't let yourself go through this pain and regrets....

jaclynchua

keep it, for sure!

id love to have a second baby back to back (first one is now 16 weeks) if i could! babies' milestones will be close to each other and it'll be nice to have a sibling or two to grow up with.

but of course there's the financial side of things to worry, which will work its way out in time to come..

don't worry, things will only get better hereon. do keep your second one.. you'll not want to live with regrets.

I agree to jaclynchua..keep it and you'll not want to live w/ regrets!That's a gift from god.:sayangbaby:

Last edited:

Joeychen85

Hi,

Do you all have mense after giving birth or just lochia after giving birth? How do you kno your pregnant again? Currently I jus give birth this June.. Having lochia after giving birth last for 7 weeks. Mense nt here yet.. Not bf anymore after confinement.. so currently having some headache , hair drop , stomach like full of water ( bloat ) , bk ache , bit giddy some time.. Some time feels slppy.. Wonder I'm preggy again or not.. Just 2 mth + after give birth till nw.. Haven test yet! If yes , how to calculate d date with out any mense?

Hi I would like to find out those of you who conceived say 2 mths or 4mths after the delivery of your baby were you all breastfeeding? My lochia stopped 4 weeks after delivery and 4 weeks after that I had my first period, so baby was close to 2 mths old. Now baby is close to 3 mths and I am having my second period cycle already but both my cycles are very short. I am fully breastfeeding I heard usually periods for breast feeding mothers usually only return at 6mths onwards. So I am quite worried is it a actual menstrual cycle or is sth wrong.

soapsoap

Breast feeding mum please do not use breast feed as a form of protection, if u do not wan to get pregnant please use proper way of protection.

Baby is a gift from god. I pregnant with my second bb when I was still breastfeeding my elder gal and was using with condom, I choose to keep te second one as I believe it a gift from god to me, he believe I am able to take care of 2 bb tat y he give them to me. My 2 bb is 15 months apart at first when I found out I was pregnant with second one I was so worry I cannot take care of 2 baby but I made it with help from mil and hubby now the younger one already one year one. Mummy don worry too much help will be there for u as god believe u can handle it that y he give u the baby

yup i heard first 6 months of breastfeeding there will be no period, however I had I fully breastfeeding yet i had my first period when my baby was a little less than 2 mths old. but i suppose once the period is back there is always a chance of getting pregnant. my eldest is 2 years 3mths and second one is slightly less than 3mths, so i do not want to risk getting pregnant again