in need of a gynae!

annawt

Dear mummies,
I'm having my second child and 6w pregnant now. But I really dont know which gynae should I go?
As for my first child, I went to Dr Poon KingFu, though overall he is quite good and patience, but my husband dont really like him and give lots of comments about it. Furthermore, I read about him in forum stating that his skills and services are not that good so felt really worried about returning to him. Then, I thought of going to Dr Adrian Woodworth at Sengkang MRT, but his consultation timing are very inflexible. So I am really lost, any mummies any recommendations? I need around Serangoon and hougang area gynae, thanks:)

Asphere

my gynae is Dr Benjamin Tham wai lun. he is quite good.. you can go read up abt him in forum :)
strongly recommended.

Yuen Ling

Hi, I went to Dr Adrian during my pregnancy last year, I will not recommend u to visit him. I feel that he's always rushing for time and not very patience.. Below are my few unhappy encounters with him
1) Throughout my whole pregnancy, he did not take my weight and blood pressure. I checked with many friends, all of their gynae will keep track of it..
2) During the 3rd month of my pregnancy, I had very bad morning sickness, he can't do anything for me except giving me the vomiting pills, but when we ask him questions he only replied "it's like that".. cant be bothered to explain anymore thing to us (even my mum and husband cannot accept his replies)
3) I vomitted very badly during a period n he only say it's like that or if i want i can go to hosp to put on drips.. And until a day when i cannot take it anymore, i admited to hosp. the next morning he came n visit me, he ask if i'm feeling better, i said "yes but i'm still feeling ... " i haven't finish my sentence, he just cut in n say "i'm asking if u r feeling better", i said yes, then he jus went off -.-"
4) Every visit he only have 3 minutes for u! u go in, he'll ask if u r feeling good, then ask u to lie down, he will do the scan n say this is baby head, baby tummy, then tell u everything looks good.. that's all.. u can leave... no time for u to ask more thing or have a second to see ur baby during the scan cos he move really fast around for the scan
5) During my last month of pregnancy, i told him i wanted to go to mt Alvernia for delivery, he told me it's still early n we'll see how by then.. 35th week n it's still early to decide where to delivery? that's too risky! plus he didn't wan to give me the freedom to choose, he say he prefer thomson medical centre, but when i go out to collect my med, i just ask the staff to book mt A for me
6) I admitted into mt A for my delivery at 12.15am, at 1am the nurse called n update him that i only opened 2cm, he replied that it's too slow n ask them to put on drips for me, didn't even ask for my permission. At around 3am, my waterbag burst and baby started pushing at 3+ but he wasn't even there..Only the nurses and my hub was with me during the pushing, at about 15mins before my delivery then he arrived. At last he chose to use forcep w/o informing me, he didn't ask my hub if he wanted to cut the umbrilical cord..
7) He chose and booked the PD on his own w/o asking for our preference or permission
8) THe next morning when he come n visit me, he didnt check my wound at all, jus ask how am i feeling n he left.. i see those around me have their gynae to check their wound! what happen if i have any infection or prob???

To summerize, he's not a good gynae to me... totally not a good n responsible one especially for me who is a first time mum.. i suggest u to think THRICE before u choose him

Wish u a smooth n happy pregnancy :)

SJMom

I strongly recommend my gynae - Dr Kowa Nam Sing at Mt E. He's fatherly, patient and very attentive. Unlike other doctor, i always left his clinic feeling assured that everyhting is okay. That's very important for first time Mommy like myself.
I will go to him again for my next pregnancy.

Two thumbs up for him!

Suzie San

Not sure if you have found a gynae. My gynae is Dr. Eunice Chua from TMC. She is friendly and approachable. Her charges can be slightly expensive and she doesn't offer any packages.

Yuen Ling

Hi Suzie, would like to check, not all gynae under Thomson woman clinic offers package?

And does any one know what is the current package rate for Thomson woman clinic group and what does it includes?

Faitheee

Hi,
i see Dr Tan Poh Kok at Nex. I can't really find reviews abt him online, but so far my experience with him is quite good. Been seeing him at Wk6, i'm now Wk 18. Quite patient, friendly and usually will ask me whether i have any question. Each consultation is $60+, ultrasound scan is another $60+. Haven't started any package with him, going to discuss that on my next visit.

Suzie San

Hi Yuen Ling,
Ya.. At least not for mine. I have to pay the consultantion fee every time I visit. That is excluding some minor tests and the supplement or medicine. However, I paid a sum for my OSCAR scan and structured scan.

Yuen Ling

Thanks Suzie, I always tot all Thomson group gynae will have package.. haha... my package have to pay for the Oscar scan too, but i didn't go for any structured scan... I also heard that different gynae package inclusive of diff things, some they have to pay extra for med other than the folic acid n multi-vitamins...