increase milk with lactation cookies

to all bf mummies,
i had gd results from these tt i shd share the gd news with all of u. had been lookimg around for ways to increase bm n tried everything from soups, massages n vitamins. den i found these delicious cookies from Milk Of Love | It's all about Breastmilk. n they worked! istopped my fenugreek n jz continue eatung their cookies with constant pumping. lady boss quite nice, she's bf her 2nd child too so she understood my problems. sigh.
homemade cookies. have jz changed my plan to mthly pack with her. try them out.

ast0212

Or for those who bake you can try making it yourself.. Lots of recipes online. I made myself lactation muffins, basically a simple muffins recipe with brewer's yeast, oats and ground up linseed :D

Qookie

Ast0212, does the lactation muffins/cookies really work? I'm thinking of making some for friends who are BFing.

Mine increased after a few days. But am still continuing with the cookies to continue the supply and improve the quality of milk. Anyway they made healthy snacks.

ast0212

I made the muffins with my first baby but as I was latching on I'm not entirely sure my milk increased.. Boobs did feel fuller though and I felt a stronger letdown.

Second baby I didn't bother taking any supplements. Just feed feed feed and we are still going at 14 months.

They may or may not work as every mummy's body is different. But those are the main ingredients for increasing milk supply: brewer's yeast, oats and linseed/flaxseed :)

mei05

I also feed feed ended up PD said bb weight gain is very poor & asked me to pump & feed to ensure he's drinking at least 60-90ml... however each pump can only yields me 40ml...

ling.er

I just order the cookies, for a month supply. TOmorrow will delivery to me. Hope it work for me as now i pump only 100ML which not enough for my girl to take.

ling.er

Yesterday i receive my cookies. Chocolate taste nice for me. Once i receive i add 2 pcs of it then night time i take another 2 pcs.
After bottle feed my girl i latch her awhile. Then i pump. To my Surprise i pump 100ML out. Then Morning i pump 150ML.
Not sure is the cookies effect or what.. Will monitor another few more day.

Quite gd results right? I was surprised myself too. So now I'm still eating the cookies to continue with the milk supply. Intends to continue eating till I stop bf. at least now for more hope for bf, so just treat them as supplements.

Gladdyheng

Where to buy brewer's yeast? I've been looking high and low but cant find...cold storage sengkang, ntuc punggol plaza, ntuc nexx, ntuc hougang point... or maybe I'm looking at the wrong sections. Isnot baking section?

I thought maybe make myself from scratch...but heck cant find the brewer's yeast. Might as well order from milk of love and try if it works for me first. Waiting for delivery friday/saturday.cant wait to try.

pearlines

hi mummies, i've been pumping out milk for my 3 weeks old girl. but my milk supply had been only the least 40ml and the most 70ml. i have been trying to pump every 3 hours everyday. but there was once i was engorged till i had fever, so i heed my friend words to use the ice pack to relive pain. but now, my milk supply is only 20-40ml. will it help with this cookies to increase my milk supply back like those mummy is having, 100ml +. would hope to have such amount to continue bf.

ling.er

hi mummies, i've been pumping out milk for my 3 weeks old girl. but my milk supply had been only the least 40ml and the most 70ml. i have been trying to pump every 3 hours everyday. but there was once i was engorged till i had fever, so i heed my friend words to use the ice pack to relive pain. but now, my milk supply is only 20-40ml. will it help with this cookies to increase my milk supply back like those mummy is having, 100ml +. would hope to have such amount to continue bf.
When my girl was 3week I also have less milk as 50 ml sometime even 20 ml.. That amount she soemtime full some time nt.. Dun give up on bfing. Now still on confinement periods most is u rest well drink more red date tea and also dun stress.. The more u pump and latch it will tell ur body to produce more milk.

pearlines

When my girl was 3week I also have less milk as 50 ml sometime even 20 ml.. That amount she soemtime full some time not.. dont give up on bfing. Now still on confinement periods most is you rest well drink more red date tea and also dont stress.. The more you pump and latch it will tell your body to produce more milk.
Alright, thanks!

mei05

When my girl was 3week I also have less milk as 50 ml sometime even 20 ml.. That amount she soemtime full some time nt.. Dun give up on bfing. Now still on confinement periods most is u rest well drink more red date tea and also dun stress.. The more u pump and latch it will tell ur body to produce more milk.
I have been doing this & now is the 5th week going 6th week but I do not see any increase in my supply. Is there anything wrong. Till now I can at most pump 40-50ml only every 3 hourly.

ling.er

I have been doing this & now is the 5th week going 6th week but I do not see any increase in my supply. Is there anything wrong. Till now I can at most pump 40-50ml only every 3 hourly.
U use dual pump? Drink water before you pump and after pump. I was a low supply mum too.. Now only can pump 100-120 per session . But I never give up n also try many way to increase my BM

mei05

Yes I use medela PISA.. I do drink water before & after pump.. I have tried all ways & supplements to increase my supply but doesn't seems to work..

ling.er

Yes I use medela PISA.. I do drink water before & after pump.. I have tried all ways & supplements to increase my supply but doesn't seems to work..
I can understand how u feel. Cos I do have the same problem.. Do u pump mid night?