Increasing breastmilk supply

saviour7

Hi all, my wife is desperately trying to increase her milk supply and is getting despondent with the poor supply.

I did some research and found that quite a few articles recommended breastea (www.breastea.com). Anyone tried this and does it work?

My daughter has eczema and I'm worried if there will be side effects...

The shipping charges are definitely very expensive compared to the cost of the product. Anyone know if a local shop in SG sells it? thanks...

piggie

Hi all, my wife is desperately trying to increase her milk supply and is getting despondent with the poor supply.

I did some research and found that quite a few articles recommended breastea (www.breastea.com). Anyone tried this and does it work?

My daughter has eczema and I'm worried if there will be side effects...

The shipping charges are definitely very expensive compared to the cost of the product. Anyone know if a local shop in SG sells it? thanks...

Hi,
How many times does ur wife latch ur bb on? Have she tried to use a breast pump to increase her supply. If there is demand, there will definitely be supply.

Try to pump 10-15mins per breast after each latching, continued pumping, will tell ur breast to produce more milk.. Try this for a week or two and u will c ur supply increase.

An alternative would be to take Fenugreek, a herb, tt is known to increase milk supply.
Can buy @ GNC.

Can also go to Kelly Mum webbie to browse thru breast feeding tips..

Cheers n JiaYou!!

Mummy to Baby V

Piggie is right: keep latching on (8-12 times) round the clock for first 4-6 weeks.
Don't try to pump and feed initially. Use the pump only for further stimulation after a latched on full feed.

As for eczema, it really depends on individual whether any food ingredient can trigger it. Both my boy and I have eczema, but triggered by different causes.

I took Earth Mama Angel Baby Milkmaid Tea for a few weeks. Yet I believe it was the regularly latching on that works best.
Btw, I just bought the milkmaid tea from iHerb.com (for my second baby), much cheaper than when I bought in KL.
It's now heavily discounted to USD3.96 per pack of 16 sachets: Earth Mama Angel Baby, Organic Milkmaid Tea, 16 Tea Bags - iHerb.com

International Airmail at only USD4, about 9 days to reach S'pore.
May use my referral code EWO013 (Alphabet "O" then numeric zero) for USD5 off first order.
(Note: I get reward points if you use the code.)

saviour7

Piggie is right: keep latching on (8-12 times) round the clock for first 4-6 weeks.
dont't try to pump and feed initially. Use the pump only for further stimulation after a latched on full feed.

As for eczema, it really depends on individual whether any food ingredient can trigger it. Both my boy and I have eczema, but triggered by different causes.

I took Earth Mama Angel Baby Milkmaid Tea for a few weeks. Yet I believe it was the regularly latching on that works best.
Btw, I just bought the milkmaid tea from iHerb.com (for my second baby), much cheaper than when I bought in KL.
It's now heavily discounted to USD3.96 per pack of 16 sachets: Earth Mama Angel Baby, Organic Milkmaid Tea, 16 Tea Bags - iHerb.com

International Airmail at only USD4, about 9 days to reach S'pore.
May use my referral code EWO013 (Alphabet "O" then numeric zero) for USD5 off first order.
(Note: I get reward points if you use the code.)
thanks both.

my wife is only doing expressing and not really doing latch on as my baby is bottle fed. hence its the expressing tat's an issue.

ok, that's a good idea.. will check out iherbs... hopefully there won't be issues with the eczema. my 1st born is allergic to peanuts.. hence i'm worried that my daughter will have similar allergies too since she also suffers from acute eczema.

Mummy to Baby V

thanks both.

my wife is only doing expressing and not really doing latch on as my baby is bottle fed. hence its the expressing tat's an issue.

ok, that's a good idea.. will check out iherbs... hopefully there won't be issues with the eczema. my 1st born is allergic to peanuts.. hence i'm worried that my daughter will have similar allergies too since she also suffers from acute eczema.
Just be aware that some mums don't respond well to the breastpump. I'm one such example. By expressing and not latching on regularly, the milk can dry up quite fast for some.

Also, when I latched on and baby empties the milk and wants more, he'd suckle diligently and milk would be produced on the spot to meet his increased demand. The pump could never do that for me. During growth spurts (week 5-6, 3 months, 6 months), latching on is the surest way to increase supply permanently.

saviour7

for my first kid the breastpump worked well and my son was on breastmilk for 10+ mths...

it's just this round that things aint working. problem is breasts are soft and not engorged which some how beggars the question why the milk flow stopped. that's why considering using herbal supplements like breastea to help.

Just be aware that some mums don't respond well to the breastpump. I'm one such example. By expressing and not latching on regularly, the milk can dry up quite fast for some.

Also, when I latched on and baby empties the milk and wants more, he'd suckle diligently and milk would be produced on the spot to meet his increased demand. The pump could never do that for me. During growth spurts (week 5-6, 3 months, 6 months), latching on is the surest way to increase supply permanently.

rainbowforest

It's a simple of case of demand & supply. Just feed regularly & the
Supply will naturally come. Baby suckling direct is more efficient than any
Expressing device. So don't be so bogged down by how much you have expressed. I breastfed my 2 kids til 27 months. They are allergic to cow's milk.
Grew up fine! Best of luck.

lynnzo

try motilium..you can get it from the pharmacy..its actually a indigestion pill,but the side effect is it will produce more milk..i took that for my first boy..and it works wonder,better than fenugreek...you can check with your wife's gynae..hope it helps..