Induced labour

BB Tigger

Hi mummies

I will be inducing my labour tonite as my little one is so comfy in my tummy that he refuses to come out :wong19:

I'm a bit nervous and scared. Just want to know whether there is anything I need to take note or bring (other than the normal clothes, paper docs etc)? :001_302:

Jovy

Nothing else dear! For baby cloths just bring his going home cloths as well.
Such as mittens, hats,swaddle,rompers, and your carrier. They wear there lil cloths in the hospital so no need to pack so much for your baby. But it a must to bring your cloths and pj's. You may wanna leave your phone back home as well coz you will be that too tired you wouldnt be able to answer calls.

Just bring extra maternity pads,
disposable undies,
camera,
your make up (if you wanna touch up if you have visitors coming)
going home cloths for baby
your cloths to wear while there
tummy binder
hair tie

dun worry... My girl was also very comfortable in my tummy that i had to go through induced pregnancy at 40 weeks... Abit painful but fast labour... i kept talking to my baby that dun let mummy be so painful, come out fast fast... it kinda of works cos she was out in 4 hrs with 3 pushes... Try that... but ultimately relax..

joeybeadz

I had to use epidural as laughing gas did not work for me. ;p
If you can, ask your mother to boil red dates for you to drink after delivery. You might consider bringing your toothbrush and paste, as I forgot to bring last time. Haa.

But remember to bring your SOCKS! It is very cold in the delivery ward. Bring a sweater to keep yourself warm.

angelwendy

yes.. bring toothbrush & toothpaste... & of course like what other mummies say... ask ur mum to boil red date tea to drink after ur delivery.... u can bring a sweater if u r that kind that scare of cold... & sock too.. ( but i never use it because i don't feel cold at all.. even when i had epi ) try to opt for epi if u cannot take the pain... & stay as relax as possible to dilate more faster... but afterall.. it depends... :tlaugh:can ask ur hubby to bring his laptop also.. if u have a Iphone to connect internet... because of the long waiting time.. ( because my hubby bring.. ) so can kill time.. & most important... CAMERA...:tlaugh: have fun... i missed my delivery.. haha... a wonderful moment..

my EDD is 9th. but i dont feel anything except the random pains and that day admit doctor say im not dilated. but my whole family is worried. so i would like to ask. as im kkh subsizde patient. if by 9th i haven due. i can go and admit on 10th or 9th itself and say i wanna be induced right? they wont ask me go home even if im not dilated right? already full term le. i cant wait for her to be out!

joeybeadz

go to your gynae... tell him/her.. rightfully, they should be able to advise you.

Mine told me to pick a date that I want to induce if overdue. In the end, I got to go one day before EDD. So no need to pick.

Please monitor your baby movement in your tummy... if you dont feel good, immediately go to your gynae to check the heartbeat rate and the amino fluid, you dont want anything to happen.

paperger85

missymelody, it is actually not recommended to induce baby. it is okay to be late by even one week. also, induced labour is more painful than natural labour. give your baby some time, she will be out when she is ready.

my whole family isnt keen on me waiting for her to come out on her own. yes i understand induce labour will be more painful. but somehow its still safer than keeping her inside for too long. alot things might happen. "touch wood". my sister fren recently just lost her baby at 8th month + . she felt pain and went to the doctor. doctor told her to injection to keep the baby inside till baby ownself come out. end up not long baby just lost like this. nowadays its so scary and its worrying me. so i think i will call up KKH this saturday if my lil girl still doesnt wanna come out and have her induce by sunday. thanks all.

joeybeadz

please discuss with your gynae and see what are the options. ultimately it is your choice.. and yeah, you have carried the baby for full term. If you feel that it is not right and you will have that instinct btw... go ahead and induce.

Mine was induced cos I dont feel right... I could not make a comparison between with and without induction. Cos in the end, I have to do a c-section...

minako85

my whole family isnt keen on me waiting for her to come out on her own. yes i understand induce labour will be more painful. but somehow its still safer than keeping her inside for too long. alot things might happen. "touch wood". my sister friend recently just lost her baby at 8th month + . she felt pain and went to the doctor. doctor told her to injection to keep the baby inside till baby ownself come out. end up not long baby just lost like this. nowadays its so scary and its worrying me. so i think i will call up Kandang Kerbau Hospital this saturday if my lil girl still doesnt wanna come out and have her induce by sunday. thanks all.
Which hospital is ur sis fren at?

I'm not sure. I didn't ask much. Already so worried and shocked when I heard abt it le. Play safe. Don't anyhow let doctor injection to stop the pain!!

actually from wat i rem, induced labour ain't that painful, i only rem i was given IV drips, at about 9am in the morning, then wanted to experience how contraction was like, it felt just like menstruation cramps, slightly more painful and in short intervals, asked for epidural and i was bascially numb to everythg else, push about 3 times and my first boy came out at 245pm.