Infant 6-in-1 Jab

sharonyi66

Mummies, when your precious took the above mentioned jab, did they get a fever after that?
depends on how yr child's body react to the jab but i know most babies do get mild fever aft that. I gave my girl drink 'yang shen' powder 1 day before the jab, then panadol after the jab. BUT, still fever at night... :embarrassed:

Not to worry as it's normal. :)

Ting

depends on your baby, but most baby might feel abit warm after the jab.
doc will prescribe fever med, if it doesnt go til very high, shld be ok n will subside after 1-2 days.
as for pin, her temp was a bit higher than usual but no fever.

apollo

alot ppl told me to give baby the medi right aft the injection to 'prevent' fever coming up...

uddermummy

my dd had fever both times after her jabs. quite normql as long as not v high (like more than 38.5) for too many days.

fever should subside quite quickly, after 1 or 2 days. i just gave her bb panadol syrup given by the pd

Astar

MIL ask to feed pao-shen with water (a little) before the jab.. Baby is only 6 wks old.. dunno if i should do that... Anyone fed?

sharonyi66

yup, tats what i did. but dun really remember is 'pao shen' powder or 'yang shen' ald. Baby might reject the powder if mix in water due to the taste. U can add into the milk.

Frenchkitty

My son didnt have fever when he went for his 1st jab... but at night before he went to bed I was scared he might develop fever and we adults would sleep like logs (cos my son already sleeps through the night at abt 2mos old).. so I gave him 1 dose of the panadol syrup to prevent...

The next morning he woke up still chirpy as ever.. no fever nothing. *touch wood* hehe

redjn

ya, it all depends on your baby, but normally after the jab PD will definately prescribe fever med, in case bb fever after the jab n usually will subside after 1-2 days. So far for boy's jabs no fever except the recent Booster jab he has fever for 1.5 days.

mother in law ask to feed pao-shen with water (a little) before the jab.. Baby is only 6 wks old.. dont know if i should do that... Anyone fed?
usually not advisable to feed pao-shen at such a young age...What i did was give my son a dose of the fever syrup a few hour before the injection....Works everytime :)

Ting

mother in law ask to feed pao-shen with water (a little) before the jab.. Baby is only 6 wks old.. dont know if i should do that... Anyone fed?
yes i did.
must "dun" the pao shen then give baby.
when she was younger, i just gv her a few teaspoons, when older, gv her drink like normal water.

missblue18

yes my baby developed mild fever after 6in1 jab so we gave her the fever syrup from doc...only gave twice she was ok already...but when she took her 5in1 it was ok no fever at all

norfen

My DD didn't get any fever on that day she went for the jab. But the next day,in the afternoon, her body quite heaty so we gave her the fever syrup the doc gave. But she was able to sleep thru the night without any fuss. She was ok the next morning.

yes i did.
must "dont" the pao shen then give baby.
when she was younger, i just gv her a few teaspoons, when older, gv her drink like normal water.
ting. the pao shen tingy. you mean your baby got fever then you feed or before the jab feed to prevent fever?
anyway. if take the jab le baby got fever, can dont give baby medicines that the doctors prescribe and see if the fever will go away by itself? since mummies here mentioned that fever usually last for the most two days.

apollo

ting. the pao shen tingy. you mean your baby got fever then you feed or before the jab feed to prevent fever?
anyway. if take the jab baby got fever, can dont give baby medicines that the doctors prescribe and see if the fever will go away by itself? since mummies here mentioned that fever usually last for the most two days.
i think better give the medi... though baby at such young age take medi is not good BUT fever is not funny, better give medi when necessary :tlaugh:

my 2cent worth :001_302:

hui_ru_88

Mummies, when your precious took the above mentioned jab, did they get a fever after that?
My daughter did had fever at night after the jab. Then, I feed her the fever medicine and even apply the cold compress.

My pd told me in order to prevent fever, we should give fever medicine before the jab.

uddermummy

anyway. if take the jab baby got fever, can dont give baby medicines that the doctors prescribe and see if the fever will go away by itself? since mummies here mentioned that fever usually last for the most two days.
my pd told me that if dd is okay and only has a slight fever below 38 degrees, and is not fussing or crying, i can actually hold off the med.

But I will usually give her one dose before she sleeps if she's running a fever cos I'm worried that the fever will get worse in the night, and also because i want her (and myself) to have a good night's sleep.

Ting

nope. one night b4 her jab i just let her drink some.
but i would feel tt giving the fever medicine will be better as per doctor advised.
any reasons why u dun wish to gv her??

uddermummy

I dont't have fever med with me now to feed baby prior to the jab... alamak!
you can get it from the doc when you bb gets the jab. Actually, don't need to worry cos not all bbs get fever.

Also, the baby panadol acts quite quickly.

I prefer to give the panadol only when bb has a fever.