Infant care experience

melbaby

I've js given birth and will be placing my baby in the infant care when she turns 3 month old. The infant care that I chose seems to have good environment and teachers when I visited them. However currently my baby is very fussy and cranky, she cries a lot and I am worried that she will have problems adapting to infant care.

Would appreciate anyone who placed their babies at infant care to share their experiences, especially at 3 month old will they be ok there? I'm mentally prepared for the exposure to germs part, but just not sure whether my baby will be able to adapt happily there since she's very fussy now at almost 1 month old.

cheeisabelle

Hi,

If you are worried, probably can consider baby sitter as it is one to one care, infant care one to a few babies.
Hope this helps.

Alisa

i put my son in infant care when he was 4mth old. sick every mth for sure. They will not be free to keep carrying babies so they will leave the baby to cry himself. unless cried too long then they will carry him. this is what i saw on the 1st day of my son infant care. He is not the crying baby tho but i understand why they are not giving attention to that crying kid, in school, they are to lean to be independant, not like at home, cry will have ppl to carry. This is what i told the teachers, pls help to train my son to be independant too.

but i still prefer school than nanny. School have trained teachers to teach them properly, with nanny, they may or may not learn things. They may be too close to nanny too.

kathtan

I put my twin boys in infant care when they were 7 mths old, full time. They stayed till 24mths then I changed them to another child care centre. 1st-3mths- both will take turns to have running nose, fever, cough, then running nose, cough again. After that, the occurrence lessen. As for how they are treated, it really depends. If you are the type that heartached the moment the baby cries, then not very suitable to put in infant care, cos you will feel that your baby is neglected. Look at the number of babies and caretaker. In my infant care, there were 2 full time staff and 2 part time aunties. Then there were about 8 babies. This proportion is quite ok. So check them out first, esp no of full time staff.