Infant care VS baby sitter..

diymummy

Hi felzdown,

For us we chose to go with infant care instead of baby sitter.

My hubby had very bad experience when he was young with baby sitter so that was one of the strong reasons why we didn't want our son to be taken care of by a baby sitter/nanny. Also, we agreed that we needed to find somebody we trust, eg thru recommendations or relatives, to which we had none.

At the infant care, I have to agree that sometimes the care is not 1-to-1 type of focus and sometimes some instructions are "forgotten" but I somehow feel "safer" that there is a governing body (MCYS and the principals and child care HQ for those franchised "brands" like Cherie Hearts) for me to raise my issues to. I keep a very close loop with the teachers and principal and I do spot checks once in a while to ensure that my son is taken care of.

My son is in N1 now and in this center (from infant care to PG to now, N1), he has learnt a lot of self-help skills. He is also pretty sociable and I have to credit this to the child care he is in.

So all in all, we didn't regret our decision to put our son in an infant care though at the beginning, he was falling sick every month.

happymommie

Hi felzdown,

For us we chose to go with infant care instead of baby sitter.

My hubby had very bad experience when he was young with baby sitter so that was one of the strong reasons why we didn't want our son to be taken care of by a baby sitter/nanny. Also, we agreed that we needed to find somebody we trust, eg thru recommendations or relatives, to which we had none.

At the infant care, I have to agree that sometimes the care is not 1-to-1 type of focus and sometimes some instructions are "forgotten" but I somehow feel "safer" that there is a governing body (MCYS and the principals and child care HQ for those franchised "brands" like Cherie Hearts) for me to raise my issues to. I keep a very close loop with the teachers and principal and I do spot checks once in a while to ensure that my son is taken care of.

My son is in N1 now and in this center (from infant care to PG to now, N1), he has learnt a lot of self-help skills. He is also pretty sociable and I have to credit this to the child care he is in.

So all in all, we didn't regret our decision to put our son in an infant care though at the beginning, he was falling sick every month.
That's wht i'm most afraid of for infant care centres...

they have so many babies to care about yours might be neglected. and germs spread so fast you know, especially when there are so much interaction. But nanny care... also have to get trustworthy and reliable one, hard to find.

I am also very stucked between puttin my 3 months old into child care or get nanny... meanwhile im still keeping a lookout of good nanny.

felzdown, are you thinking of putting your baby to infant care or nanny care as well?

citrella

I just called to check on First Skool infant care. They told me that I have to be on a one-year waiting list!

*gasps*