injection-PD,Polyclinic or GP?

u can always call up polyclinic hotline to make appt..

my daughter's visits amk polyclinic..so much easier for registration.. shortern the waiting period alot.. at most i only spend 1hr at there..
which sometimes go sbcc also need to wait..
once u go there.. after finish her jab, the nurse will actually make future appointment with u.. say for the pneumoccocal jab or other future vaccine.. like i made appointment for 1st june (checkup) & pneumoccocal jab in August..

paperdebris

My hubby n i would prefer polyclinc than pediatrician b'cos we suppose polyclinic is cheaper & has assigned baby nurses doing injections everyday.
Went to Yishun polyclinic for my gal's 1st hep B injection and the nurse is very nice and patient.
:001_302: explain to me about the package available and also highlighted to me that if my gal had her 1st hep B injection later than 6 weeks old than we can't opt for 6 in 1.
:red: Most importantly, she was very quick - needle went in / out within 2 secs and my gal didn't really cry over it.

just to add on some info on polyclinic charges :-

Make appointment @ any of polyclinic is 6355 3000.
Waiting time about 15 - 30mins ( NB has priority Q)

5 in 1 Enhanced Vaccination - $290.40
[4 injections exclusive of 1 Hep B injection @ 6 months old]

6 in 1 Enhanced Vaccination - $326.10
[4 injections inclusive of Hep B injection]

Hep B injection is $20 - $26 per dose

Pneumococcal - $160 per dose.
Package 1 : 2 doses + 1 booster for 3 / 5 / 15 months
Package 2 : 1 dose for between 12-59 months

Rotavirus - $90 per oral dose
Required 2 dose with 1 month interval / min. age 6 weeks old & completed by 6 months old.

*Medisave allowed for payment of Hep B and Pneumococcal (max : $300 / yr)
*CDA allowed for payment of 5 in 1 or 6 in 1 Enhanced Vaccination Programme; Pneumococcal; Rotavirus; other optional vaccinations.

for the pneumococcal, the package 2 is 1 dose for bet 12-59 months??
but pd and gp all reccomend 2 doses...... who is correct????

apollo

for the pneumococcal, the package 2 is 1 dose for bet 12-59 months??
but pediatrician and gp all reccomend 2 doses...... who is correct????
for babies who take the 1st dose below 6mth old nd 4 doses. 1st dose taken on 6mth owards nd total 3 doses.. 1st dose taken from 12mths onwards need 2 doses.. =)

paperdebris

my baby took at 17 mths at polyclinic, and recently when i read the papers it state that its 2 doses. so i call up the polyclinic and they say their policy is only 1 dose of pneumococcal...... and stated that i dun need to return for 2nd dose.
so??? who's right?

apollo

but the polyclinic only giving 1 dose....
they insisted 1 dose for 12 mths and above
my baby took at 17 mths at polyclinic, and recently when i read the papers it state that its 2 doses. so i call up the polyclinic and they say their policy is only 1 dose of pneumococcal...... and stated that i dont need to return for 2nd dose.
so??? who's right?
the one i stated was according to the supplier. my pd shown me the chrt. and he also told me some clinic will follow the doses supplier advise while some (lik govt hospital or polyclinic) feels that 3 doses (for those who took the 1st dose below 6mth) is enough.

so, both are alright =)

paperdebris

the one i stated was according to the supplier. my pediatrician shown me the chrt. and he also told me some clinic will follow the doses supplier advise while some (lik govt hospital or polyclinic) feels that 3 doses (for those who took the 1st dose below 6mth) is enough.

so, both are alright =)
whoa i'm confused. so my baby shld be taking2 doses since her first dose is at 17 mths?

but the polyclinic say only 1 dose enough?

apollo

whoa i'm confused. so my baby shld be taking2 doses since her first dose is at 17 mths?

but the polyclinic say only 1 dose enough?
i think 2yo onwards 1 dose is enough. i think polyclinic is followling the govt 'law'. cos my pd told me that now govt says even baby below 6mth take 1st dose, only nd 3 dose instead of 4.. while most pte clinic still sticking to 4 doses.

paperdebris

i think 2yo onwards 1 dose is enough. i think polyclinic is followling the govt 'law'. cos my pediatrician told me that now govt says even baby below 6mth take 1st dose, only need 3 dose instead of 4.. while most pte clinic still sticking to 4 doses.[/quote

i know 2yo is 1dose, but my baby was 17mths when she took her 1st dose. so need 2 or 1 dose?
i think poly is whoever 12 n above is 1dose, while gp n pd is 2 doses for 12 to 24 mths, 1dose for above 24 mths........

apollo

i think 2yo onwards 1 dose is enough. i think polyclinic is followling the govt 'law'. cos my pediatrician told me that now govt says even baby below 6mth take 1st dose, only need 3 dose instead of 4.. while most pte clinic still sticking to 4 doses.[/quote

i know 2yo is 1dose, but my baby was 17mths when she took her 1st dose. so need 2 or 1 dose?
i think poly is whoever 12 n above is 1dose, while gp n pediatrician is 2 doses for 12 to 24 mths, 1dose for above 24 mths........
my advice is, if she takes at polyclinic, then follow the polyclinic 'rule', if take at outside GP/PD, then follow their 'rule'.. =)

Dizonne

hi,

happened to come across this thread. I just want to highlight to mummies above that pneumococcal is NOT COMPULSORY in Singapore yet. Even the jabs that are in our health booklet are NOT COMPULSORY. The only 2 jabs that are COMPULSORY BY LAW in Singapore are measles and diptheria.

What our govt is doing is encouraging us to vaccinate our kids, but these are all optional. Please don't feel obliged to take the jabs if you have your reasons not to.

iNalixious

Hi all!
I would need someone to explain to me about the immunisation packages. So if I were to choose 5 in 1/ 6 in 1 package, how am i charged? be it polyclinic or private? Is it charged by per jab or by the whole package? I know I can pay by medisave/CDA. But i just wanna know the costs are per jab or what? I'm so confused :(

ling0113

Hi all!
I would need someone to explain to me about the immunisation packages. So if I were to choose 5 in 1/ 6 in 1 package, how am i charged? be it polyclinic or private? Is it charged by per jab or by the whole package? I know I can pay by medisave/CDA. But i just wanna know the costs are per jab or what? I'm so confused :(

i took a package 6 in 1 cost me 1100 plus 2 rotavirus with GP.
you can choose to pay per jab, but slightly more expensive than the package.
we went to polyclinic to check the price, not alot of diff, so dun want to waste my time travelling.

PockyMummy

i took a package 6 in 1 cost me 1100 plus 2 rotavirus with GP.
you can choose to pay per jab, but slightly more expensive than the package.
we went to polyclinic to check the price, not alot of diff, so dun want to waste my time travelling.
Your GP is at where? 6 in 1 is so expensive 1 arh? =(