Injections : 4-in-1 vs 6-in-1

yalhoon

Hello mummies,

Any good advice on what's the difference between 4-in-1 and 6-in-1 injections and which one is better? I've heard that with 6-in-1, there is no need for baby to be injected after one month for Hep A/B and that injection only required at 3 mths old.

Thanks.

Kxmum

My gal took the 6in1, just went for the second jab 2 days ago. To me 6in1 is better..less jab less pain..that's wat the doc said also..

Yes, there is no need for the hep b jab at 1 mth, the first jab for 6 in1 can be done earliest 6 wks, second jab earliest 3mths. HepA jab is not part of the 6in1. It Is a separate optional jab done when your baby is older..:)

yalhoon

thanks for sharing. there are only two jabs to 6 in 1? Wld there be any symptoms after the jab? I've heard that for some jabs, the baby will have fever after a few days all part of the anti-bodies reaction to the jab.

Kxmum

thanks for sharing. there are only two jabs to 6 in 1? Wld there be any symptoms after the jab? I've heard that for some jabs, the baby will have fever after a few days all part of the anti-bodies reaction to the jab.
For 6 in 1 there are 3 jab, last one done at 5th mth. Think after the jab (even for adults) every doc will tell u to expect some fever, they will also give the panadol syrup tell u to give to your baby if temp above 38degrees. My gal had some mild fever the night after the jab..like 37.5deg, I fed her with the syrup and she went to sleep, the next day she was back to normal Liao.

Reaction varies among babies, just monitor closely and give the pandol when there are signs of fever.:)

for poly- Heb B (2nd dose) to be injected at 1st mth (after full mth), then one mth later only start 6 in 1

for private, hep B (2nd dose) mix in the 6 in 1 jab, and only need to start at 3rd mths

due to we cannot decide whether go private or poly, and only bring my gal to poly when she was 2mths ++, so our injection schedule delayed.