Insurance protect for the baby, is this too early to buy?

jocpt

Hi All Mummies...

I just wondering did you guys start to search / buy any insurance for your outcome baby?? i found the Prudential have the policy for PRU mum 2 be and PRU first gift, dod all the mummy hear about that?

Any comment for this?

diymummy

Re: Insurans protect for the baby, is this too early to buy?

I bought AIA hospitalisation plan and accident plan for my son.

jocpt

I bought AIA hospitalisation plan and accident plan for my son.
Hi Diymummy

Thank you for the reply. Hmmm...how old is you Son and how much you nid to pay per mth for the premium?

I have check with Prudential, every month we need to pay $100 for the premium. as this is not include the accdent policy.

diymummy

I pay annually. Annually for the accident plan is abt $300? And for the hospitalisation plan is deducted from my Medisave.

shiyi

bought a savings and health plan when shes 14days old. later on bought an accident policy when she learnt to crawl.
am paying annually bout 900 ba

xicloudix

bought a savings plan, a life plan and hospital plan (through medisave, paid $111 cash for rider)
total around 1K every 1/2 yr

ziggyy

Alpha Male

Was told that we can only apply for a pvt medi-shield plan after 14 days.

I think that should be one of the more important insurance we'll need for our babies first.

xicloudix

medishield plan???

are u talking about the medishield plan for stayin in hospital de???

my boy currently have this medishield plan which has a rider that in the event he goes private hospital/ higher class in government hospital, its FOC or something like that.... i apply the rider coz i feel that if my boy need to go to hospital, i would of coz wanna bettter treatment for him as him let him stay in a better ward, partly to prevent him from getting other unnecessary infection... in C class more easier to get infected (in my view)

jocpt

Hi Shiyi: Which insurans company you bought from? Annually $900 is include as well the saving & health plan?

medishield plan??? hmmm....not really understand for that, can the mummies advice for that?

xicloudix

Medishield is for hospital use (deduct from medisave de, rider by cash) .... if the baby goes into hospital and post hospital visit can claim from medishield...

we adults also have medishield by default by CPF, but it only cover very very very little....

jocpt

Medishield is for hospital use (deduct from medisave de, rider by cash) .... if the baby goes into hospital and post hospital visit can claim from medishield...

we adults also have medishield by default by CPF, but it only cover very very very little....
Ohoh...so we need to apply for our baby when the baby born ?

xicloudix

recommended to buy from insurance company.... if i am not wrong cpf offers de very low only... don't cover much

shiyi

Hi Shiyi: Which insurans company you bought from? Annually $900 is include as well the saving & health plan?

medishield plan??? hmmm....not really understand for that, can the mummies advice for that?
you can only buy when bb is 14 days old. bought from AIA. $900 is only the savings. accident plan was bout 100++/year. Healthshield is paid by hubby's medisave, about $200 annually i think..

Gem2505

I bot this prudential policy for my bb after my detailed scanning. paid $100 per month and the additional 1 time payment for the rider $300++..
its prulink policy. I had prulink policy myself. so i would recommend this. coz this allows us to buy b4 bb is borned. i would say its best to buy early than late. just in case bb is borned with complications * TOUCH WOOD* , at least there's a policy that covers her. plan ahead.
Cant rem which week onwards, cannot buy in the policy already. so have to buy before u reach that limit. if im not wrong, before week 34 or 36 must buy already else they wont take in.

ziggyy

Alpha Male
Hi All,

We are all covered by medi-shield (I think), which deducts the premium from our medisave. The pvt insurers like AIA, Prudential, Income, AXA and GE has their own 'upgraded' shield plans. Again, the premium can be deducted from your medisave.

All these shield plans, there's a deductible, which you'll need to fork out some cash component.

To cover that, some of these pvt insurers also have a rider which covers that deductible, but you need to pay its premium in cash.

Good to read up a little more on this on your own first, cos once you meet up with an agent, abit hard to screen through their smoke;)

xicloudix

Hi All,

We are all covered by medi-shield (I think), which deducts the premium from our medisave. The pvt insurers like AIA, Prudential, Income, AXA and GE has their own 'upgraded' shield plans. Again, the premium can be deducted from your medisave.

All these shield plans, there's a deductible, which you'll need to fork out some cash component.

To cover that, some of these pvt insurers also have a rider which covers that deductible, but you need to pay its premium in cash.

Good to read up a little more on this on your own first, cos once you meet up with an agent, abit hard to screen through their smoke;)
yes yes, all by default have this medishield plan by CPF appointed insurer ....

i "upgraded" the plan and have a rider which covers the cash component and extra cost if i have to send my boy to a private or A1/B2class govt hospital... paid a premium of $111 every yr...

really have to read up more first... coz different insurance company have different plan, some do not cover childhood illness... which is rather important to me...

jocpt

yes yes, all by default have this medishield plan by CPF appointed insurer ....

i "upgraded" the plan and have a rider which covers the cash component and extra cost if i have to send my boy to a private or A1/B2class govt hospital... paid a premium of $111 every yr...

really have to read up more first... coz different insurance company have different plan, some do not cover childhood illness... which is rather important to me...
Yeah, so urs $111 / year only cover for your boy hospitalize and not childhood illness rtye.