Insurance

January84

Check your insurance policy doucment, do you sum using these cases:
1. What if the bill is between $1k and $3k, how much can you claim from Aviva?
2. What if unexpected critial illness happen to your children when they are young, can they still buy any medical insurance after age 15 or 21?

Went thru these thoughts previously and will share with you if you want.
1. the premium is deducted by CPF and also paid $50 cash annually, only pay 10% of total bill, even if the amount is $100,000. No need to claim from avaiva, becos only need to settle the 10% with hospital, the 90% AVIVA will pay to hosptial. (instead if pay first, claim later)

1.1 , if only pay from CPF, only pay the 10% and 20%.

2. They can continue the plan after 15/21 under their own name but declare sickness, and base on under writing.

2.1, anyway, they are also covered under junior care. which include major sickness that will occur to the child.

mummymag

1. the premium is deducted by CPF and also paid $50 cash annually, only pay 10% of total bill, even if the amount is $100,000. No need to claim from avaiva, becos only need to settle the 10% with hospital, the 90% AVIVA will pay to hosptial. (instead if pay first, claim later)

1.1 , if only pay from CPF, only pay the 10% and 20%.

2. They can continue the plan after 15/21 under their own name but declare sickness, and base on under writing.

2.1, anyway, they are also covered under junior care. which include major sickness that will occur to the child.

My consideration with regard to my previous questions:
1. For Avivia, there is a deductable component that you need to pay attention to. For small hospital bill, for example $1k, you may have to foot 100% of the hospital bill instead of 10% that you think. Is better that you check out the facts now rather than crying over spilled milk.

2. Medical insurance is the best gift that parents can offer to their children. My advisor asked me how would I feel if Aviva not to accept my children's medical insurance application after the free period is over?

Just because my children made claims during the free coverage period Aviva may classified under pre-existing as a reason not to accept or the underwriting is not favorable to us?

With much thoughts, my husband decided to pay slightly more for our children's well-being by choosing another company's medical insurance.

p.s. Suggest that you work your sum with another advisor for a second opinion so that there is no bias. Some good advisors are willing to help with no obligation and consultation fee.

zhiz22

My consideration with regard to my previous questions:
1. For Avivia, there is a deductable component that you need to pay attention to. For small hospital bill, for example $1k, you may have to foot 100% of the hospital bill instead of 10% that you think. Is better that you check out the facts now rather than crying over spilled milk.

2. Medical insurance is the best gift that parents can offer to their children. My advisor asked me how would I feel if Aviva not to accept my children's medical insurance application after the free period is over?

Just because my children made claims during the free coverage period Aviva may classified under pre-existing as a reason not to accept or the underwriting is not favorable to us?

With much thoughts, my husband decided to pay slightly more for our children's well-being by choosing another company's medical insurance.

p.s. Suggest that you work your sum with another advisor for a second opinion so that there is no bias. Some good advisors are willing to help with no obligation and consultation fee.
I am an independent advisor and I can help.

Yes, mummynag is right about the amount that is claimable from Aviva. You need to pay 3k first before any claims can be made.

Other points to note is Aviva's defination of pre-existing condition which may put some of the new policy holders at risk as it was reported in the news some time back. Based on a full comparison of 5 insurers plans, I would usually recommend NTUC Enhanced Incomeshield over the others due to many reasons and features.

vanilla04

Prudential also has one health plan - Prushield that covers pregnancy complications, congenitial problems too.

Am thinking of switching from my health shield Gold Plan to this prushield, any comments on this move?
i thk AIA now got 1 called essential.. my hubby say good.. jus my kpo opinion.. ;)

mummymag

Sugggest you talk to a good agent before deciding. Let him compare the various options and facts so that you can make a better decision.

nine_eleven

Alpha Male
Hi mumies,

What are the Insurance plans must take for the kids? Pls suggest me.

Thanks in Advance
Mals
1, a low cost hospitalisation plan
2, a personal accident plan
3, a life insurance plan

the first two is mainly to ensure medical costs don't balloon and affect your cashflow.

the third is just to set your kid up for his/her future.

Jeremy Tan
AXA Life Insurance