Is a breastfeeding pillow neccessary?

reiann

cherry: MOST, and I Mean most, mums can breastfeed! you just have to know that milk takes about 3 days to kick in - so first few days just let your baby suckle, even if it is losing weight (it's normal - go read up on that ). don't let mum/mum in law/busybodies tell you otherwise. IT"S NORMAL. then it will kick in.. and just keep latching on for as much as possible.

all the best!

diza

cherry: MOST, and I Mean most, mums can breastfeed! you just have to know that milk takes about 3 days to kick in - so first few days just let your baby suckle, even if it is losing weight (it's normal - go read up on that ). don't let mum/mum in law/busybodies tell you otherwise. IT"S NORMAL. then it will kick in.. and just keep latching on for as much as possible.

all the best!
Agree! Just let baby latch. I soooo hate parents or in laws who are not pro BF. even my mom suggested to give FM to make my boy chubbier. She thought i dont have enough milk when he was going thru growth spurt. Baby kept crying almost every hour. Must teach the husbands Abt BM and BF so they will und and will side u if those busybodies start to make negative comments.

Haha ! Am going thru that now ! So be firm and believe that ur doing the right thing in breastfeeding ! Even when you pump and everyone sees it's not much, don't get worried as some mothers don't do well with pumps .. Pumps aren't as efficient as baby's suckling, so don't worry ya ..

My baby isn't a burper so it's hard for me . How do u burp them properly ? She just whimpers, n tries to push her head back down so she can lie down n slp ..

diza

I just carry my boy in an upright position and pat his back. In the past I even put him on my thigh facing down and pat him.

Now my mom's complaining that my boy is too heavy! Hahaha. He's only going to be 4 mth and his weight is more than 7kg! All thanks to BM.