Is anyone here a KKH subsidised maternity patient?

lyra

Hi! Just wondering whether anyone here is a subsidised KKH patient? I'm considering whether to switch to KKH subsidised patient to save cost...
how much do u generally pay for each session?

Alisa

my SIL was a subsidised patient in KK but end up, what she paid is more than what i am paying a private gynae, waiting time is long too and you will be seeing different doc every visit.

Alisa

its the consultation fee that is more than private. We ask her to change to our gynae when she was around 6 mth.

lyra

I see. In that case, I'll just stay on with my current one. Subsidised still so expensive is very Bo Hua!

alag

Hi Lyra,

I am at TPS and pay 85.60 for each normal consultation. For detailed scans, they cost more but I never pay more than 100 for each regular check up.

Hi, I was a subsidised patient but turned private coz i wanna stick to one gynae only.. For subsidised patients in KKH, u pay so much lesser than private.. For example, normal consultations cost u abt S$30+ and detailed scans (usually done on the 20th wk) cost ard S$40+.. When I turned private, the costs more than doubled.. Also coz my gynae is a senipr consultant.. As for waiting time, subsidised clinic's waiting time sucks balls.. Ur apptmt can be scheduled at 9am, but u'll only be going hm ard 2-3hrs later.. :/ Also, i did not like the fact that i was seeing different doctors each time.. And these doctors range from senior consultants (that's how i met my lovely gynae!) to resident doctors or medical officers (both do not have their own clinics/offices).. So yup, cost-wise it is practical to choose subsidised.. If u dun mind seeing different docs n the waiting time.. :)

chocobell

Hi all, my EDD is Oct 2013, and i currently seeing Dr Han at KKH. But sometimes he is in private suite, sometimes i see him at clinic B... so is this counted as private or what?