Is Confinement lady really needed??

applerenee

hi all,

i'm expected to due in April 2008... now are seriously thinking about whether a confinement lady is really needed.... and do they sleep in the same room as the mother and bb or they will sleep different room? currently no space available at home for the CL ...
mil staying with us but her cooking really cannot make it...
headache n stress!!!

yuki

For yr case, if this is yr first baby, i suggest u get a confinment lady, so she can look after yr bb for u at nig and do housework plus cooking. Dun expect much help from mil (as i think no matter what, u dun expect her to do the chores as what CL is performing), else end up u get more stress doing all these chores yrself . As for me, 1st 2 i got confinement lady, for the 3rd one which was 6yrs later after my 2nd son,i got a domestic helper to come and clean the house alternate days 4hrly for 3wks on wkday, and help to bath bb and handwash bb clothes or cloth nappies. At nig As for food , i orderd confinement fd delivery, i can tell you the food is as rich n better then my past 2 CL's cooking....i prefer to look after bb myself and she behave well too..zzz most of the time......

rjj

I think it's very individual....

My #1, i was at my mom's place. So she cook for me and help me wash the clothes.... I take care of my baby including showering myself... he sleep I sleep too...

My #2, (after 2 yrs) bcos of #1, I thot hv a confinement lady will be good. Her cooking so so.. I hv a maid, who does all the hsework. She take care of my bb her style, not mine. Gossip about my maid... make me more fedup... was happy she left after 27 days...

#3, (6 years later) I give up. Just my maid and myself, I take care of my baby all day... she take care of the rest.... We are all happy :)

But then again, there are people who get very good confinement lady, so all the best :)

JenLee98

hi all,

i'm expected to due in April 2008... now are seriously thinking about whether a confinement lady is really needed.... and do they sleep in the same room as the mother and bb or they will sleep different room? currently no space available at home for the CL ...
mil staying with us but her cooking really cannot make it...
headache n stress!!!
I hv MIL staying with us too ... but I still get CL for my 2 deliveries..... alot of washing, sterilising, and cooking to do ..... so don't want to overwork MIL..... better to get a helper if u want to relax during the month..... and CL can take care of BB at nite while u rest well....

Last edited: