Is drinking coconut juice advisable???

pipilili

coconut water:

Dun over drink. (example: Dun have it every day after wk 36. I think you can have it once a week or once every fortnight)

It will make bb v clean and fair when you deliver the bb. This is what many nationality believe.
Fillipinos, Indonesians, Chinese SG, Malay SG all doing it.

Carlisle

Yeah because Coconut water can helps to prevent dehydration and it can relieves exhaustion... It is also a fat free and has no cholesterol...

pipilili

I am currently in wk 33 and just taken my first dose of coconut water (fresh thai young coconut). I only drank the water and didn't eat the coconut flesh cos I heard it's heaty.

Feel less heaty after drinking coconut water (cos the prev day I had durians & rambutans).

jespang

Hi MTB, I was the one posted this query n I hv given birth on March. Just to share my experience, I drank coconut juice fr 36th wks onward, abt twice a wk in daytime. I m not sure if my girl was clean when she came out cos I was still in pain due to my uterus was still contracting n the nurse has quickly taken her aside for clean up. no jaundice was found. But my hubby said the smell of my blood during the delivery was stink.

otterised

my husband bought a coconut from ntuc, haha... at $2, and yes, have to cut off the top of the husk yourself, but i must say, after drinking it, wa! so cooling man! i've been feeling like a furnace these days cos sg damn hot, the effect was immediate but shortlived though. and cannot drink too much, cos not all people's body can take the "cooling" effects.

otterised

glad ur bb girl is out! i guess cos the blood contains alot more other stuff (it did come out of your "you-know-where", plus together with all the fluid and placenta), so maybe that's why the blood is stinky. drinking coconut will not "clean" the blood, so to speak la, it's mostly to relieve the "heatiness" in your body.

Hi MTB, I was the one posted this query n I hv given birth on March. Just to share my experience, I drank coconut juice fr 36th wks onward, abt twice a wk in daytime. I m not sure if my girl was clean when she came out cos I was still in pain due to my uterus was still contracting n the nurse has quickly taken her aside for clean up. no jaundice was found. But my hubby said the smell of my blood during the delivery was stink.

Last edited:

chjean

wow, thanks everyone. this is a really informative thread. i used to think coconut juice is too cooling. will definitely drink this from my 34 wk onwards.

August

i couldnt wait for the 3rd trimester ever since i heard abt coconut juice being recommended. Personally I LOVE COCONUT WATER even before my pregnancy, for two trimesters i was forbidden to drink cus hubby says its cooling! finally the third trimester is here, and i've already had 2 coconut drinks! Weeeee! Simply love it, but yea, i nv eat the flesh too!

~.~

guess i'm gonna get my 3rd glass today! :Dancing_wub:

jespang

Can understand y u gals love the drink so much esp in such hot weather. I alway kept it in the fridge n will take it out for half an hr b4 I drink it. BUT pls dun drink too much cos how much does the juice really help nobody know exactly n I wld suggest tat u drink it after 36wks. Beside there other old tales said tat too cooling will cause the baby to hv phlegm.

Drink about twice per week will do. Starts on last trimester cos pregnancy more stable le so the cool effect will not harm the baby. Some ppl believes tat coconut helps on smooth delivery as bb not heaty.

ling.er

When i was 36 week preg .. My mum bought mi young coconut .. I drink & eat the fruit 2 time a week ...

The water is cooling the fruit is heaty .. My mum tell mi mix the fruit n drink .. My son come out clean clean ^^

Some mummy might be scare to drink but is ok wan... Like mi my mum mix the fruit n drink for mi.. Every thing is fine ... Some more the fruit nt alot ma..