Is ds drinking too much?

LoVeS

There's nothing call too much, as long as ur bb wanna drink then go ahead coz bb will knw when they r full n it same goes as if he is full THERE is no way he will force himself to drink.

Celina

its okie.. if he wants to drink give it to him.

Mine at nearly 7 mths, drink 9oz almost every 2 n half hrs to 3. depends alot on him..

justmint

are you worried that your bb will grow fat??

not to worry, cos once they are older they'll be more active & their bb fats will drop...

my bb has lost some of that now..i miss touching his cute chubby smooth tighs & arms...:001_302:

sherlin

I agree with all, as long as baby is asking for milk....i think its ok to give.
My DS is 2 1/2 months and he is drinking 120ml every 3 hour, sometimes he can drink up to 230ml in 4 hours. During the day, i feed him on demand so he can sleep longer in the night. Now he sleeps 5 hours at night.

rjj

my ds is now 7 wks old.
Personally, at 7 wks to drink 100ml every 2 hrs should be ok la.... you may like to increase a bit more, so that the drinking cycle can be longer....
he should be going for his check-up or next jab soon.... if he is over-weight, you will be warned, so it's fine....

If i remember correctly, mine was like drinking 150ml but every 3 hrs.... as long as you are not forcing him to drink, it should be fine...

All the best to a healthy baby, enjoy motherhood :)

ireneliau

It good that yr baby like to drink rather then those who don drink.. like mine.. but now ok.. Let them drink if they want.. cos once baby sick, you will c that baby is slimmer.. you will feel heart pain after seeing that..

sonix

Alpha Male
Wah liew.. so good.. mine almost 4 months only drink 110ml every 3 hours.. sometime less. sigh.. if you want to drink more it's good liao lo.

christineneogoh

My baby used to drink 120ml per 4hrs but now he keeps screaming whenever he has the teat in his mouth. If I'm lucky he'll finish the bottle of 120ml else he'll only drink 10ml ...

I just feed on demand.
if ur baby is hungry, there's nothing u can do except to feed.

now my baby is drinking abt 180ml.
cereal abt 150ml.

but if she starts crying 2 hrs aft the feed, I give her only water.

baby will start getting cranky if she's too full.

lynnsilhouette

my ds drinks 100 ml of milk every 1 and a half hours to two. Is it too much for him?
wa... u are like feeding her round the clock. haha.

since ur baby drinks so much then u can try giving her 120ml/150ml then wait till 3 hrs before giving her another 120/150ml again.

if not u r not tired meh. every 2 hrs have to feed.

if she asks for milk aft 2hrs , try to give her water or the soother instead. if she really is hungry then u can give her every 2.5hrs for a start.. then slowly change to 3hrs.

woo_la_la

i think should be ok ba..
my ds drink 150ml every 2 hours when he was 5-6 weeks
he hit 240ml when he was 4 months but dono why now he now only drink the most 120-150ml..

syarifah

I agree with all, as long as baby is asking for milk....i think its ok to give.
My DS is 2 1/2 months and he is drinking 120ml every 3 hour, sometimes he can drink up to 230ml in 4 hours. During the day, i feed him on demand so he can sleep longer in the night. Now he sleeps 5 hours at night.
u mean by feeding them frequently in the day, baby can sleep better at night, whereas in yr case ur 2 1/2 month baby sleep for 5 hours at night!!! btw what milk formula ur baby drinking?

psst: whats ds?? sory am new here
:err:

syarifah

now my baby is drinking abt 180ml.
cereal abt 150ml.

but if she starts crying 2 hrs aft the feed, I give her only water.

baby will start getting cranky if she's too full.
isit? cranky if too full? that one i dont know. anyway me just gave birth to a babyboy 3months ago. taking care of him is difficult as hes easily cranky. easily colic. and wakes up frequently at night for feeding, but at times even after giving him his milk, hes still not asleep yet. any advice mummies??? plus i have a gerl of 15mths too.

Dianaqk

my girl is ard 7wk plus, she is now having 150ml of formula.
Sometime she will ask for more aft 1 n half hr later..

Sometime she can sleep through the nite from 3-7 hrs.:Dancing_tongue: