Is Flu Panadol safe?

mffang

hi, consuming flu panadol safe for breastfeeding? is it true that breastmilk supply will drop drastically when u r sick?

sharonyi66

Not too sure abt panadol flu but e usual small yellow tablet which GP will prescribe when u got flu is safe for breastfeeding and yes, yr supply will drop when u'r sick. Just make sure latch it more often once u recover.

Dun forget to wear a mask when u nurse yr baby.

Get well soon!

xue

Oh dear, I ate flu panaldo quite a number of times for the past 3mths and I just ate 2 just now.. Is it not safe? And I realise whenever i take panaldo, my milk supply will increase.

adelynn

i have asked my GP and he has given the go ahead for me to take panadol or panadol flu. and yes, my supply drops terribly when i'm sick, so after i recover i go for power pump to try and boost it again.

xue

Panadol flu and Panadol is ok. dont't take Panadol extra or Panadol active. Those are too strong
oops.. i took extra when i had fever due to engorgement during my confinement... =x
Thank goodness, nothing happen!!

apollo

dun think so. but those normal panadol is safe. when i was bf-ing, i usually take those small yellow flu tablet when i was having flu =)

mffang

hi all, thanx for your advise....... I am still down with flu and supply is terribly low....Hopefully, supply will resume soon :)

There is many kind of panadol flu, hard or mild. its normal and okay if you take the mild but the hard one it can affect your supply.