is it necessary to buy Nursing pads & nipple cream

I don think need to use nursing pad at home.. i didn't use at home but only use when go to work... not comfortable to use oso actually...

I never use nipple cream as well, cox own milk is good enough for nipple crack.. and natural way instead of using cream and will our baby eat the nipple cream when bf..

liz2010

for stay at home mum.... TQ. :Dancing_wub:
definitely. When you start breastfeeding, while you feed your baby, the other breast will leak. So you need a breast pad so you don't wet your clothes. You can buy reusable breastpad instead of the disposable one. You just need to wash and dry after each use.

Nipple cream will prevent sore nipples.

esthergal

I wear breastpads all day long even when i sleep during my breastfeeding days... i use disposable ones..

As for nipple cream, only used once or twice coz don't really have sore nipple problem :)

ast0212

A nipple cream like Lansinoh is good for cracks but breastmilk is best, you'd only need to express a bit and smear it over your nipples and let them air for a while.

Breastpads are handy for the fist couple of weeks and at night once your baby can go longer without a feed. I used baby facewashers and folded into quarters when at home. Saves a lot of money ;)

allycat

I use disposable ones when I'm out and reusable ones when I'm at home. But, I'm always wet during the night. When baby nurse one side in the wee hours and the other side will start to leak badly. It was only until 2 weeks ago that I discovered how to stop the leak during nursing. Learnt from my mum that the leak will stop by gentle messaging and my clothes are never wet since.

For nipple cream, I used about half a tube as I had very very sore nipples initially. The balance half was used as lip balm and moisturizer for dry elbow.