Is it normal for SAHM(without maid/help) to have low self-worth?

Thanks for all the advice. Whenever I bring my gal out for enrichment classes, I will tell myself to make myself happy by dressing up. But the problem is that I havent shrank back to my pre-pregnancy size, so there are not many clothes I can wear and I've no time to exercise.. When I was working, I would update my wardrobe monthly, but now it's impossible to shop. Cos my baby gal needs me to be with her all the time(if not, she'll wail). If I ask my husband to bring the whole family out, he'll get impatient if I shop for a long time...

It's also difficult to find friends to go out. All of them are busy with their work..I can count how many minutes of adult interaction I have daily. When dh comes back, he will always chat about the kids, prices of food, money, if not, he will read news on his iphone, read The Economist, watch CNBC news or sleep. If things are missing or something goes wrong, he will point finger at me. But if my dd1 spoils certain things, he'll just keep quiet. Last week, we went shopping, I was carrying dd2 as she was crying, so I let dd1 play iphone games in her sister's stroller. After sometime, dd2 stopped crying and my hands were tired, so I asked dd1 to get up from the stroller so that her sister could sit in it. My husband asked me to let dd1 play the iphone games in the stroller, he didnt even think how tired my hands were.. So a short while later, I couldnt take it and asked dd1 to get out and let her sister sit.

I'm getting very tired of pleasing everyone at home, especially my husband, from what I see, he loves his daughters more than he loves me... The only time I've his undivided attention is during lovemaking, and that's only once a week. Even if I wear sexy lingerie on weekdays, he will just look at me for a short while and fall asleep. I tell him it's romantic to go to East Coast to look at the sea and chit chat. He says East Coast has nothing to see at night, and he doesnt understand why woman has so many things to chat about... I told him I miss the snow in Vienna and the Koreans have this culture of meeting their loved ones when they witness the first drops of snow, he just gave me a 'how lame is that' kinda look.

Sometimes, I just feel like going back to work. Though working is stressful, but it empowers me( I can go dining with my colleagues anytime after work, lots of me-time) and I will gain financial independence...but I cant stand the idea of having a maid at home, my dd1 needs coaching in her work etc...

Meanwhile, I'll just watch Korean dramas to make myself happy and hopefully when dd2 starts walking , she'll be less clingy to me, then I can have some life...

AugBoyz

PlayfulFairy, then make known to ur DH tt u need help in carrying ur DD2 etc. Dun keep it pent up inside urself. We can only do so much, dun expect us to be really a super woman.

phileo

it's a lonely path to sahm for a long period of time. After some time, you'll feel that there's nothing else that you are good at.. and you are so afraid of going out to work again when your children are older. This became a viscious cycle which one must break.

Go out.. make friends with people from this forum.. :) support is needed for SAHM!